cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline Repairs

aragorn1948

Landline Repairs

Does anyone find it acceptable that a disabled customer should have to wait a week for land line line repairs? There is, I imagine, a possibility that repairs will not be carried out on the day so it could be more than a week.
Anyone else had this problem? It will certainly put me off renewing with Plusnet.
[Moderator's note by Dick(Strat) All caps title edited as per forum rules.
7 REPLIES 7
James
Grafter

Re: Landline Repairs

Hi Aragorn1948,
I'm really sorry to hear of the time that you have had to wait for a repair to your phone line.  Unfortunately, BT have declared a large number of areas in the country as under MBORC (Matters Beyond Our Reasonable Control) due to the recent weather, causing more faults and making it more difficult to repair a fault.  This is causing some considerable delays in repairing some faults.
Regarding your disability, it may be worth contacting our faults team to see if you qualify for a welfare case (although the rules are quite strict), which would hopefulkly expedite the repair of your service.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Sorry to hear of the problems, I've asked one of my team to pick this up and get in touch with you shortly.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

@aragorn1948
I'm just letting you know that I'm starting to look into this now and will be in touch with you ASAP.
Adam.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks for your time on the phone just now, as mentioned an escalation request is on it's way to our suppliers and I'll continue to keep you updated as to it's progress.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
aragorn1948

A blessed miracle. The land line started to work again tonight. Hopefully there is now no need for a call out, Thank you for your time
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks for your time on the phone again. As agreed, I'm glad to hear that but as no maintenance work has taken place I won't assume that it's fully resolved so we'll keep an eye on things for now and leave the fault report open in case I need to act on this again.
I'll make sure I call your wife later in the week whilst you're away to see how things are.
Adam
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team