Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LRS

chandu
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

LRS

Hi all,
Thought I just let you know that I now have less than 3 months to go and yet I haven't received an invitation to renew my LRS in advance.  So, all this hoo-ha about you can renew 3 months earlier is just hot air to me.  Besides, talking to COT member on the phone last week, I was told that if I renew my LRS now it would start from the date I renew rather than from the date of expiry of the current one, hence losing the balance my currently remaining LRS.  Sad
So, this is all getting very confusing to me.  On one hand on this forum we are told that one can renew LRS 3 months in advance and the renewal takes over from the date of expiry of the current one and on the other hand the COT members say totally opposite.  So, who is right.
Please helpppppp to clarify this confusionnnnnnnnnnnn.
Thank you all.
41 REPLIES 41
pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: LRS

Already answered here.
I think part of the problem is caused by PN separating Sales and Retentions - If you call Sales to get a better price they don't budge from 'list' price and they don't have access to the special pricing available to the COT.  Perhaps the reverse is also true and the COT aren't aware of the product specifics that Sales normally deal with.
Given that the function these two teams perform is identical ie try and extract money from a customer and tie them in with a commitment, it seems daft having two separate groups?
KevinG
Rising Star

Quote from: chandu
So, this is all getting very confusing to me.  On one hand on this forum we are told that one can renew LRS 3 months in advance and the renewal takes over from the date of expiry of the current one and on the other hand the COT members say totally opposite.  So, who is right.

COT is wrong.
Mayfly
All Star

I have never had 3 mths notice of the renewal it's always been 2 mths so assumed tho' you can renew 3mths in advance they don't give you a prod until 2.
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi chandhu,
Just out of interest, are you able to renew if you go to the site?
https://portal.plus.net/apps/linerental/saver/portal
I have just checked and it gives you the option to renew it.
Just to clarify, you can renew it three months in advance.
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

To summarise...
I am surprised COT got this wrong, they are usually very good - is there need for feedback?
You can renew up to 3 months before the anniversary date
You get renewal reminders 2 and 1 month before the anniversary date (and nothing else)
Any renewal starts on the anniversary date, not the payment date
If you miss the renewal date the LRS lapses along with any legacy conditions (like included weekends or evening & weekend calls) and a renewal then is on current t&cs

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

NedLudd
Grafter

Note to self - "Engage brain before posting!".
Geoff,
York.
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Quote from: Townman
I am surprised COT got this wrong, they are usually very good - is there need for feedback?

Hi guys,
I have spoke with the agent regarding this already.
Thanks,
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Rather than start a new thread
From my LRS Link
You're already signed up to Line Rental Saver.
This is due to expire on 22-12-2014. We'll contact you before this to let you know when you can renew the offer.

No it isn't as I have already renewed it
It should say
This is due to expire on 22-12-2015. We'll contact you before this to let you know when you can renew the offer.
pwatson
Rising Star

When did you renew? 
Mine says:
This is due to expire on 01-08-2015. We'll contact you before this to let you know when you can renew the offer.

which is correct, though I signed up for LRS in August this year so this wasn't a renewal...
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

I renewed it on the 22nd Sept
pwatson
Rising Star

I wonder if the website only updates on your billing date?
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

It'll update when the current LRS expires, so until the 22nd Dec 2014 it'll keep showing that date, then after it'll show the new one.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
NedLudd
Grafter

That's the same for me Jim!
Caused me to think I hadn't renewed (when I had in August) and question the 3 & 2 month reminders!  Cheesy
Geoff,
York.
chandu
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Quote from: MattyC

Just out of interest, are you able to renew if you go to the site?
https://portal.plus.net/apps/linerental/saver/portal
Matty

Thanks Matty for the link, I have not tried it yet but I will save it for use later as I have already missed the old price deadline.  I have just tried the link and the browser (FF 32.0.3) cannot find site.
@pwatson , Thank you for your feedback and help, I had posted this as you suggested to start a new thread to make The COT team aware of their error.
Quote from: KevinG

COT is wrong.

I agree.
Quote from: MattyC

I have spoke with the agent regarding this already.
Matty

Are you sure you got the right person? As I did not mention any names.
Finally, thanks to all the contributors for your help.