cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kudos to Gandalf

HTeeBee
Grafter

Kudos to Gandalf

I had a few issues that needed sorting out when recently switching in to PN from Sky.

I have to say that I was extremely impressed with the way in which @Gandalf took personal ownership of the problems and chased them down to satisfactory resolution, keeping me fully informed every step of the way.

@Gandalf you are a shining example of customer service at its very best. It's a rare thing - you should be rightly proud.

Thank you.

👌

6 REPLIES 6
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Kudos to Gandalf

Cheers for the feedback!

No problem at all. Happy to help in any way I can. Smiley

If there's ever anything else you'd need help with, feel free to prod me as I'm almost always around.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
audigex
Dabbler

Gandalf is literally the only useful person I’ve ever found at Plus net support

We had a previous issue with the account, and got passed around half a dozen people, one of whom told us blatant nonsense, until eventually i posted on this forum and Gandalf sorted it

Now we’re having another issue, and yet again being passed from pillar to post between half a dozen people, not one of whom actually has access to the systems they need to diagnose the issue, or the authority to do anything to resolve it, or seemingly any sort of power whatsoever to do anything other than say “huh, yeah, that isn’t right. Nothing I can do about it sorry”
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 156

That is may be a tad unfair.

If this is related to your previous post regarding a house move to a new build property served by FTTP which BT Openreach have not yet fully connected ... coupled with your move to temporary accommodation and the need to use a residential service for work purposes, then you are asking a lot of Plusnet which might well be outside of their ability to fix immediately.

• BT Openreach will do things as and when they decided they will do
  • At present Plusnet does not offer FTTP
  • Plusnet will arrange a transfer from an existing service to FTTP via BT or EE with not ETCs - but that MUST be done via COTs (as advised by @Gandalf  !!)

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

audigex
Dabbler

Nope, it was definitely their fault - they were meant to cancel one account and instead cancelled a different account… it was a simple enough mistake but 100% Plusnet’s fault, after I followed the plan they themselves suggested. I’m happy that I was clear enough on all communication and had only authorized myself on the account that was meant to be cancelled. I do understand that it was an unusual way to do things, but it was suggested by PlusNet and I’m pretty sure I was reasonably clear on what was meant to happen

Gandalf has dealt with it (again), but literally everyone else I spoke to about the problem was useless (again). Half couldn’t understand the problem, the other half could either guess what was wrong but not see the relevant system, or see what was wrong but had no ability to do anything about it…the company really needs to empower the support staff to see more systems and make more changes etc
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Without going into mega-detail, it was more to do with agent error for not fully cancelling the house move which had caused this so it went through. I've provided feedback so hopefully this sort of thing shouldn't happen again. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

All I can say is when I have had to use PlusNet support they have been brilliant.

I know who to mention but I don't want to get anyone into trouble.