cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just a thought

thisoldman
Grafter

Just a thought

For some time now I have noticed that hundreds of people use other forums to complain about plusnet service and  staff from plusnet are appearing on these  site forums trying to help defuse the situation/help the client.
But:  should Pn staff be spending their time answering  complaints on other forums when there is a perfectly adequate forum here for that purpose.
For the life of me, I fail to understand why people take their grievances to other forums, and if they must do so, why should pn staff be diverted away from this forum to deal with these people?
The old saying  " if you have something to say, say it to my face springs to mind"
7 REPLIES 7
gswindale
Grafter

Re: Just a thought

Simple answer is generally when people want to complain; they want to make sure as many people know about it as possible.
Therefore by going onto a public (non-affiliated) forum get's them the maximum exposure.
Just out of interest though - there are official support channels (not this forum) that should be used - why should pn staff be diverted away from those channels to deal with the people that take their grievances to this forum?
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

I suspect a lot of people mistakenly believe that if they criticise Plusnet on their own forum their post will be removed.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Anonymous
Not applicable

[quote=geofftswin]there are official support channels (not this forum) that should be used - why should pn staff be diverted away from those channels to deal with the people that take their grievances to this forum?
IMO many PN customers discovered this forum because of the poor experience they have had with the official ticketing system.
At least on this forum you can ask a question, or sometimes ask what question needs to be asked, and generally get a timely coherent response from both PN staff and anyone else with appropriate knowledge.
Using the official ticketing system -
  1) ask question and wait maybe five days before reply
  2) reply does not relate to question
  3) ask question more clearly so that even a child could understand
  4) wait another five days
  5) receive another scripted and irrelevant response
  6) re-ask the question again as the problem is not being understood
  7) repeat steps 4 to 6 until utterly exasperated, or the problem disappears, or PN unilaterally close the ticket
If the staff that answer the tickets did as good a job as those who respond in this forum, then there would be a lot fewer complaints !
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

@purleigh,
I'm guessing it's been a while since you raised a support ticket? They are responded to on average in under 8 hours at the moment by a specific ticket team.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

no names, no packdrills - how is that other Sheffield call centre getting on havnt seen any mention of it for several months  (18th Jan)
nadger
Rising Star

Thinkbroadband is one of the most respected forums and staff quite rightly, imho, do cover their Plusnet and Unhappiness forums.
mssystems
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

There are at least 2 sides to every complaint or disagreement.  One side is over represented here.