cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Joining plus net

Nayfus

Joining plus net

It's not been a great experience so far. Left fibre BT to join, service was meant to start on Friday, after trying and failing  to setup the router contacted  customer service who ran some tests and informed me they don't know what's wrong and will investigate and get back to me in 72 hours. In the meanwhile I'm left without any internet access for the weekend. Not an auspicious start
4 REPLIES 4
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Joining plus net

I see you migrated in from BT Fibre. Did an engineer come out and install a modem and is that currently connected with our router?
If not, have you reconfigured the BT router to use your plusnet username and password - this should help explain how to do that: http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,113872.0.html
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Nayfus

No engineer came out, I have a separate open reach modem and had a bt home hub 3. I received only a new router from plus net which I've plugged into the open reach modem which I then configured to use my plusnet username and password. With the help of one of your colleagues I tried to setup a connection directly with the openreach modem ie bypassing the router but that did not work either.  I get an authentication error as the message. My guess is that my account is perhaps not fully activated as I had working fibre line already it can't a line issue(but that's conjecture on my part))
Frustrating as it's the weekend., ho hum
PeterLoftus
Pro
Fixes: 5

If you use the PN router with the OR modem then its plug and play no setting required. My guess is that the service isn't activated as you suspect.  Embarrassed
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Sorry to see that you were without internet over the weekend.
Fingers crossed the engineer who goes out this afternoon gets your issue resolved.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team