cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Joining Plusnet

Grafter

Joining Plusnet

Should i have bothered as its not looking good so far. I joined on the 17 August and yet still to get my broadband. The phone is apparently up and running. Can i chat online? Yes but i am 45 in a queue. Can i phone? Yes but i need to hang on a line for 35 minutes. Shocking service so far plusnet. Get more staff on the phone and live chat or even add an e mail address to contact you where it gets monitored and answered. 

10 REPLIES 10
JHunter
Dabbler

Re: Joining Plusnet

They will answer eventually but they are unlikely to be able to do anything to actually resolve the issue.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

@1888 wrote:

The phone is apparently up and running.

Unfortunately that's not the case. I'm sorry to say automation failed to place your orders.

I'll make sure they're placed as soon as possible for you a provide an update on your account shortly.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Grafter

That is quite shocking. So my phone is not with plusnet where the online status says it is? Now i have all day free calls and only evening and weekends with sky what if i had been running up a bill during the day for the past two weeks. I also may have cancelled my Direct Debit thinking the bill i paid the other day was my last. I do hope plusnet wont be taking money from my account this month.

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

I'm sorry to say automation failed to place your orders.  HarryB Huh 

How can this be ?  if its automated it does it directly ,or is PN automated system slow

I do not understand how the system works , but if someone makes the order then Typed into system press key and hey presto the the order is AUTOMATICALLY sent .

so if it has failed it means it was input into the system incorectly ?Huh

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

@1888 wrote:

So my phone is not with plusnet where the online status says it is?

I can't see anything on your account to suggest your phone line is active, where are you seeing this?

@1888 wrote:

I do hope plusnet wont be taking money from my account this month.

Billing on your account will activate once the service has migrated to us and as your initial fees cover the first month of service, you shouldn't receive another bill until the following month.

@rongtw - The account was signed up. Automation then started processing the orders, it made it as far as checking if the number could be ported from the losing provider and made it no further, so no orders were placed.

@rongtw wrote:
but if someone makes the order then Typed into system press key
so if it has failed it means it was input into the system incorectly ?Huh

I'm not sure what you mean. Signing up an account and placing the orders on the wholesale systems aren't the same thing. Automation failed to place the orders on the wholesale systems after getting as far as running a number import check, none of our staff had been on the account to be able to enter anything on it incorrectly.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
rongtw
Seasoned Hero

think i have a better understanding now , the order was placed but never made it through the automated system but got stuck at the phone number
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Essentially, yes Undecided

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
rongtw
Seasoned Hero

well its a better explanation than , automation failed to place your orders. Smiley

not all of us know how the system works so its hard to understand , Thanks HarryB

Grafter

Can see where to quote but @HarryB. The part that says phone is activated is on the page where to track my order. Id there a way to PM or email you direct about the 30th?

Grafter

Fount the PM option cheers