cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Join plusnet at your peril

jonnyPlusnet
Dabbler

Join plusnet at your peril

I am completely astounded at plusnets inability to hold up the contract, THEY DRAFTED!
CHECK THIS OUT
I ordered plusnet's top ADSL package, and added a PRO add-on, I was told my broadband would be live by midnight on 2nd Dec 2011
Although an email to confirm my broadband going live was received, it was not, for another 2.5 days, it went live around 2pm Saturday.
It worked Sunday & Monday too, although I didn't use on monday, as I fell ill.
I wake up Tuesday to a desyncronized line again (flashing bb light) so I phone customer service AGAIN only to be told 'we'll raise it as a fault' the line finally synchronized at around noon, but was unable to keep me from being disconnected from online gaming servers all day, then today I wake up AGAIN TO A DESYNCRONIZED LINE!
If this is their PRO package, the others must be even worse, if that's possible.
So to recap, I have been with plusnet 7 days, 3 days live (with constant disconnections) and 4 days downtime.
If the performance persists into the new year, I'll find plusnet in breach of contract & seek compensation through small claims court.
Would I recommend plusnet? Certainly NOT
Edit: this post was added using my HTC smartphones data connection, at further expense
adie:green removed all caps title as per link:rules
38 REPLIES 38
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: JOIN PLUSNET AT YOUR PERIL

Would I recommend plusnet? Certainly NOT

I'm sorry you feel this way jonnyPlusnet. Rest assured we'll do all we can to try and turn that around and get the fault with your service resolved as soon as possible.
I'll find plusnet in breach of contract & seek compensation through small claims court.

Unfortunately it is realistic that faults can occur with a broadband service such as yours, I doubt this would still be an issue in the new year but we do need a chance to get this issue fixed for you.
I'm going to take ownership of this problem until it's resolved , we'd never expect you to live with a service that's behaving in the way your's currently is.
I can see from ticket 49574417 that we've noted that you are able to try connecting with an alternate router to help eliminate that as the cause of the issue, I'm wondering if this is something you've been able to do so far? if not I'd like to send out a router for testing purposes.
In the meantime I'm going to update ticket to state that I'm dealing with this and will log a fault report with our suppliers BT Wholesale.
I'll be in touch with you soon with an update.
Adam.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
jonnyPlusnet
Dabbler

The router seems fine, its a problem is between me and Exchange, so plusnet tell me. My tests in router admin says same, sending another router seems pointless to me. I have other routers here that I tried when broadband light was flashing yesterday.
James
Grafter

Hi Jonny,
Between you and the exchange includes your router and your internal wiring.
We ask you to check that your router is not faulty as if an engineer attends and your router is the cause of the fault, you would be liable for a £60 call out fee.
We're happy to send you one to test, but we'd all rather avoid the callout charge if at all possible.
To clarify, the other routers you tried yesterday had the same problems?
jonnyPlusnet
Dabbler

Yes, the other routers were showing a desyncronized line as well, let's be honest, its BT Wholesale messing with the LLU at the Exchange, I've been told by a friend who is a BT engineer, that it is standard practice to delay stable connections to put people off their competition.
But that's not my problem, my contract is with Plusnet, plusnet has contract with BT wholesale, I just want it sorted, it was a toss up between plusnet and bethere, my brother is on bethere and never has downtime, I was with Tiscali in 2009 and their customer service was terrible, whereas plusnets CS is good, problem is.....i prefer rubbish customer service and broadband that works.
So far it hasn't been fit for purpose
jonnyPlusnet
Dabbler

Re: Join plusnet at your peril

Just to be sure I retested with working Siemens gigaset se587 - flashing ADSL light/desyncronized line, ps my phone is fine, not crackling, not quiet.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

that it is standard practice to delay stable connections to put people off their competition.

That's certainly not the case, we'd gain nothing from doing that other than upsetting our customers, which is certainly not in our interests.
There can be a lot of factors that can be the cause of a broadband fault including the router, however we're keeping an open mind for now and I'll report back to you how the fault report goes with our suppliers.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

@jonnyPlusnet
Our suppliers would like to arrange an engineer visit. I've updated ticket 49574722 with further details.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
jonnyPlusnet
Dabbler

Ok thanks, but the line was only reconnected 2 weeks ago, cost me £60 plus £90 loss earnings to wait in, it all costs money, on top of Xmas nobody needs it, ill goto tkt in a bit, to arrange date, also what about my first months fee? I won't pay for services I'm not recieving
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I won't pay for services I'm not recieving

We'll credit you for any loss of service after the fault has been resolved.
I'll check for your reply to the ticket ASAP
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
jonnyPlusnet
Dabbler

Thankyou for your help, I have an engineer visit Friday 9th December, also my ADSL/broadband light went stable again Thursday 8th at approximately 3pm, at reduced speeds. Just letting you know
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

No problem, and thanks for letting me know.
I've set myself a reminder to review this fault again after your engineer visit so I'll be in touch after that.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
jonnyPlusnet
Dabbler

Your move Adam, I feel sorry for you guys,  you seem to have an impossible job
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

@jonnyPlusnet
I'm just dealing with this now, unfortunately it looks like the fault report has been closed in error by our suppliers, despite today's visit being confirmed.
I'm afraid it looks like we need to rebook this for you, would you be available on Monday at all?
PS I will make sure we give you a good will gesture for the inconvenience.

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
jonnyPlusnet
Dabbler

What choice do I have? But believe me, this is the last time, if this fails, I'm making moves to change isp to "be there" and OFTEL receive an essay