Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Join plusnet at your peril

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Join plusnet at your peril

I'm sorry you feel that way, I can understand your frustration though.
I'm making moves to change isp to "be there" and OFTEL receive an essay

FYI OFTEL haven't been around for some years, OFCOM would be the appropriate regulator. We'll do all we can to avoid things getting to that stage though.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
jonnyPlusnet
Dabbler

Sorry for being snappy & cynical Adam, you seem a nice guy, how the hell you get mixed up with this outfit lol, just kidding, I received a msg saying something like "fault confirmed as NSC (or maybe NSV) node 5 poor resilience, but cant find msg or mail, make any sense?
Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 9

NSC : No synchronisation
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,100586.16.html
No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
jonnyPlusnet
Dabbler

That simple huh ok, networks on again only 4Mbps tho will be dead by morning if true to form mind
jonnyPlusnet
Dabbler

OK the bt engineer has been, he gave me a  test socket, and fully tested  the line, showed me the diagnostic screen too,  All passed ok. Insilation was fine, so not sure what that message about node 5 poor resilience was about.
My profile was added  on one database but not on the other, so if this was the problem,  bt says,  it was a human error,  caused by Plusnet.
Waiting for stable adsl light now, will post results in 1 hour
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi jonnyPlusnet,
bt says,  it was a human error,  caused by Plusnet.

I'd be very very surprised if it was, as the equipment that determines whether a line is synchronised with the exchange is owned and maintained by BT Wholesale.
Eitherway I see absolutely nothing to be gained from apportioning blame for this, as such you pay us for the service and we have to do our best to make sure any faults are resolved as quickly as possible, what ever the cause is.
Do let me know how things go with the connection today, I'll set myself a reminder to check back with you tomorrow.
Adam.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
jonnyPlusnet
Dabbler

I don't care who's fault it is Adam, I just want my broadband on  Embarrassed
jonnyPlusnet
Dabbler

Well, no change,  what a waste of another work day, £90 lost again,  for what? But its OK eh? Not plusnets money,  just another mug,  I mean customer to foot the bill. So............  just to clarify to anyone thinking of joining Plusnet....... So far its cost £240 to get connected,  but I am not connected.
Ive just been robbed in my honest opinion
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

@jonnyPlusnet
I'm sorry to hear that this is still a problem for you. I'm going to speak with our suppliers now.
For all we know the engineer could still be working on this, I'm going to look into this now and get back to you ASAP.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

@jonnyPlusnet,
I've spoken at length with out suppliers and it's clear that some errors of judgement have been made here unfortunately. I have raised this as a complaint with them and have given some very detailed feedback.
Looking realistically at what can be done to resolve this fault would mean arranging another engineer visit. This is as the engineer today didn't complete all the tests they were requested to perform both at your premises and on the local network (the phone network between your premises and the local exchange).
I'd perfectly understand if you're not happy about arranging another visit at this stage, however I'd like to mention that doing so would would also give us the means of escalating the fault (if needed) to a high level escalations fault team who can help to expedite the resolution of complex and protracted faults.
I'm very disappointed with how this has worked out for you and would like to apologise for the issues so far. Rest assured if you do decide to persist and let us book another engineer visit we would make sure you are credited for the downtime you've experienced and given a good will gesture.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
jonnyPlusnet
Dabbler

The engineer assured me he ran EVERY POSSIBLE test,  he even came back,  whilst on phone to exchange, and assured me the line is FINE, he was showing good speeds up+down on his expo machine, he showed me the test results.
If you can get him back today then fine, he lives local, but if you cannot, then turn off line
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

whilst on phone to exchange, and assured me the line is FINE, he was showing good speeds

Speeds have nothing to do with it, the issue is at the moment that the line is out of sync. That means your equipment isn't finding the link to the local exchange. Ergo a fault still exists somewhere between your equipment and that at the exchange.
Being realistic we won't be able to get the engineer back out today I'm afraid. If you're sure you want to cancel you would need to contact our customer options team via the following details: http://www.plus.net/support/service/policies/cancellation.shtml
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
jonnyPlusnet
Dabbler

Ok could you state, in full,  the tests that were to be carried out,  that were not done,  because, tbh, sounds like another fob off.
I want ALL INFO concerning my ticket, because you keep blaming bt,  but bt blame you. WHO IS ACCOUNTABLE?
I will ONLY book another visit, if a  member of plusnets digital care team also attends at same time, because I'm being played off against bt, or plusnet, lie after lie.
I was told node 5  poor resilience, but todays tests showed that to be a lie,  insulation tests came back fine.
So..... Enlighten me, which tests was the engineer instructed to carry out?
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I will ONLY book another visit, if a  member of plusnets digital care team also attends at same time

That definitely won't happen I'm afraid.
I want ALL INFO concerning my ticket, because you keep blaming bt,  but bt blame you. WHO IS ACCOUNTABLE?

You pay us for the service, therefore we're accountable. We're not trying to fob you off here, that is the last thing we'd want to do, I'm trying my best to help resolve this sittuation.
Enlighten me, which tests was the engineer instructed to carry out?

I can try and obtain this information for you, I'm not sure how that would be relevant or how helpful it would be to you though.
At the end of the day the engineer left your premises stating on their notes that the service was "right when tested" we can tell from several tests performed from here that it is not working.
Our only intention is to try and get this resolved. Let me know if you want me to book another visit, if so I have a list of additional tasks for the engineer to perform (besides the standard checks they are supposed to carry out)
These would include the following tasks:

• check if a lift and shift can be performed

• perform a pair quality check

• perform eclipse and hawk tests (to gather full and detailed statistics about your line

• perform checks for REIN (radio or electrical interference)

If another visit occurred and these checks were made and yet the fault was still unresolved that then allows us to pass the case to the high level escalations team, which I've mentioned in my previous response to you.

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
dudha

its ridiculous that my thread has been locked and directed to this one when its about different issues.