cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It does get better!

carolej
Grafter

It does get better!

So have been with Plusnet a while now, and we did get off to a rocky start, seems all I did was rant and rave about poor phone line, woeful broadbnd speeds and line dropping.
It took a few calls and some sorting out, but I can honestly say all is well now.  Phone line is clear, broadband is pretty fast and stays on. 
Crossing my fingers now and hoping I haven't jinxed things!  I wil be recommending PN to friends now  Grin
5 REPLIES 5
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: It does get better!

Thanks,
I'm glad to hear things are going more smoothly for you.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
carolej
Grafter

Even when it was bad and I was ranting and raving, the PN staff were working away to get the problems resolved, came up with a little compentsation, it wasn't much but enough to smooth things along.  Can't fault it now tbh.  Nice work PN peeps Smiley
dfunked
Grafter

People always look at the number of complaints on the forum and see that as a sign that Plusnet are a bad ISP, but it couldn't be further from the truth imo!
It's human nature to complain, but if stuff works perfectly, then we're never as quick to bring it up... I'm sure for every disappointed poster out there, there are many times more happy ones lurking around, or perhaps people who simply never registered here because they haven't had any need...
Another happy customer here, despite a few hiccups with a recent house move. My connection is rock solid, my speed is well above the average for my area and I'm paying peanuts in comparison to other ISPs... Couldn't ask for more really!
Cheers Plusnet
Mayfly
All Star
Fixes: 1

Like wise here.
2 years ago I went away for 6 weeks my speed before I went was around 750Kbps and always had been with other providers, on my return it had dropped to 250Kbps. It took 2 months to sort and was frustrating at the time as it was almost unusable, but once sorted I now get between 3.5 - 4 meg on average, well happy overall.
Thanks PN.
chandu
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

@ carolrj,
I agree with you on the service provided by PN.
@ others who think PN is BIG Bad wolf out to rip-off its customers.
I had been on ADSL 2+ and the DLM was frequently punishing me as I had very unstable  and LONG line.  After considerable work from PN Staff - e.g. Adam, Alex, Jojo, Matt & others- and umptin number of visits by OR engineers, I got a fairly stable line.  But I kept getting drop in upload speeds which were not tolerable.  So, eventually PN decided to down grade me from ADSL2+ on 21CN to ADSL Max on 20CN to see if the downgrade would improve the situation.  I did not mind being down graded as I was never going to achieve speeds higher than 2.5 Mbps due to my line length.
I am very pleased to say that 20CN's ADSL Max has been very, very stable and infact I get better speed now than I did with 21CN.  The line is solidly on and stable.  I have my fingers crossed that it stays that way.
May I please take this opportunity to thank all the members of PN staff who have sorted the issue/s I have had.  I have been with PN for just over a year and the service from PN has been fantastic.  Well Done Guys and Gals from PNWink  Thank you and Keep the good work up.
Also, if I may add; I was so impressed that I decided to switch my phone from BT to PN in the beginning of December 2011 and everything went very smoothly with the switch over.
I had my topence worth and thanks for reading this longish post.
Happy New Year to you all.
Chandu.