cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there enough here to be concerned about ..?

ekimrob
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Is there enough here to be concerned about ..?

Hi, I have just started a switchover to plusnet for the fibre broadband, its due to be transferred mid december. I was initially signing in to  ask from peoples experiences, when i should expect router arrival.... the later the arrival of router closer to deadline , suggests i start getting concerned. If it hadn't arrived well in time, i would still be within my cancellation period. Going onto any support forums perhaps is where the problems are highlighted, but when you read of problems you do start to get doubts whether my switch over period is attainable. Is it generally good here with plusnet, and problems are no more than anywhere else? On the whole are switch over dates attained? thanks for any pointers.

5 REPLIES 5
DJMC

Re: Is there enough here to be concerned about ..?

When I joined I had 9 days with no Broadband after switchover. More problems here than with TalkTalk, but at least the call centre is in the UK!

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Welcome to the community forums @ekimrob.

While it looks like most of your questions are aimed at other customers for their experience, I just want to advise that your orders are committed for the date we advised here.

Your router is processing and should be on it's way within the next 24 hours, so I would expect this to arrive with plenty of time prior to your expected migration date Smiley

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

@ekimrob  I have been with plusnet for over 7 years, now, I have had a couple of problems, and "generally speaking",.. they had been fixed fairly quickly... not immediately, as, with every BIG organisation,... departments need to talk to other departments, to get things into some kind of order... a bit like a railway marshalling yard, .. where trucks come from all over, and have to be sorted into the correct destination train build..

you, and thousands of other "new customers", MAY, experience "some" problems with the initial joining procedures.. but there again, you MAY be lucky and it goes well for you..... just the luck of the draw..  once connected,.. just keep an eye on your line speed, and your account/billing... just so that you know what is going on...

If your line was dodgy before joining PlusNet... then it won`t magically get better... it will still be the same line... so any problems you had, will have to be re-visited, by the PlusNet team. 

Once sorted... hopefully, you will have a stress free connection... and be,... (like me [usually] ) a happy customer !

welcome to the forum... see you down on General Chat soon ! ! !..

ekimrob
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Thanks all. It's good to read some positives, having worked on a support team for some years, we only generally get the negative feedback - so its good to get pro's and cons together. My router has also arrived in plenty of time, so i'm hoping thats a sign of good things t come Smiley

Mr_Ormerod
Grafter

When I joined plus.net, I was told there was a 10 day crossover period (from a previous plus.net service beleive it or not), which was fine I suppose 10 days isn't long without internet. But it didn't take 10 days, took well over a month, with plus net cancelling 2-3 orders and claiming it would take 10 days from each order placed, so I spent a month with no internet after being promised many times 10 days was the maximum.

After that my internet service was very good for 6 months. No worries I though, just teething problems.

but now it's pretty much useless, I'm paying for 40Mb/s connection and getting 4-6 at most, done enough line tests that I think I can qualify as a BT engineer, keep being told there's nothing wrong. Swapped the router to log onto the BT test service and get 38Mb/s, move back to plus.net service and 4-6Mb/s Sad but nothing is wrong.....