cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there an escalation channel within Plusnet?

aesmith
Pro
Fixes: 4

Is there an escalation channel within Plusnet?

Hi,
I'm nearing the stage of saying that if they don't get my fault fixed, or agree a logical plan to do so, then I'll need to go elsewhere.    At the moment we're going round in circles, with Plusnet chasing issues that I don't believe are relevant.  I could be wrong on the relevance, but I've asked about a million times for them to explain the link, and none have done so. 
My preference would be to work with Plusnet and get a resolution, but I can't seem to speak to anyone with enough technical knowledge to understand my concerns.  So my option (1) would be to be in contact with such a person, if they exist, and to work with them.    Option (2) would be to agree a deadline with Plusnet, along the lines of fixing the fault anyway they choose, so long as it's resolved by the end of the week, with their agreement that if it's not fixed I can go elsewhere without penalty.  Option (3) and least preferred is to simply go elsewhere and let Plusnet fight for any penalties.
So does anyone know of a method for achieving either (1) or (2)?    Should I be talking to customer service rather than the faults team?
Thanks, Tony S
5 REPLIES 5
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Is there an escalation channel within Plusnet?

http://portal.plus.net/support/service/policies/complaints_code_of_practice.shtml
Raising a complaint will get the Customer Relations Team involved who generally have more knowledge and take a sensible approach.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
aesmith
Pro

Thanks,  I think I already have a complaint open, although it's not resulted in any action.  I've just uploaded a message via that link.  We'll see, it said something about the question being passed to the technical team, so looks like that was probably a waste of time.  I might try calling the CRT tomorrow if I can face more hours on hold.
aesmith
Pro

Quote from: spoon
... Raising a complaint will get the Customer Relations Team involved ...

I think I found my answer, Plusnet does not appear to have an escalation channel, or not one that can be accessed by customers anyway.  It seems to just be the luck of the draw as to who picks your call up.  Although I called and selected Customer Services I actually got picked up by Faults and they were not more help than before.  Transferred to Customer Options, also no help.  Transferred back to Faults, and this time got someone who actually understood my concerns, so fingers crossed we might finally get somewhere.  Nobody seemed to recognise the term "Customer Relations Team" either, is that a different name for the same people?
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

You can't contact the Complaints Team via phone directly although they may well phone you after receiving the complaint
However this page is, as you have found out, a load of rubbish. http://portal.plus.net/support/service/policies/complaints_code_of_practice.shtml
You need to raise a ticket here https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=wizard&page=22909&wizard_id=38 to have any chance of getting anywhere
aesmith
Pro

Yes, seems a complete shambles.  I can't understand where this idea of Plusnet offering good service comes from, maybe from a former and different organisation.  Anyway this technical guy, the one who seems to know what he's talking about, says he's back on shift on Tuesday and has some ideas which might be relevant.