cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Plusnet totally inept?

brokengreen
Dabbler

Is Plusnet totally inept?

About 2 weeks ago I Phoned Plusnet to  change my address and telephone number after the usual 30 minute wait (how can a company keep people waiting so long)  getting back to my point.....told them the date BT was connecting my new number  along with the telephone number along with my new address.

So on the 28  of September my phone is connected but no Broadband after another 40 minute wait holding on the line waiting for somebody to answer the phone I'm told I have to wait a further 6 days to be connected to broadband?
BT tell me Plusnet can put me on line straight away but the totally inept Plusnet has other ideas.

10 years I've been with this mob and regrettably I've just signed up for another year because I needed yet another Router (sign up or pay). 

Can't wait for the year to end and go with a professional company that puts the customers first.

9 REPLIES 9
RobPN
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 13

Re: Is Plusnet totally inept?

@brokengreen wrote:

10 years I've been with this mob and regrettably I've just signed up for another year because I needed yet another Router (sign up or pay). 

So what's wrong with buying your own router?  I certainly wouldn't sign up with an ISP just for the sake of getting a subsidised router.  Roll_eyes

brokengreen
Dabbler

I fully agree I should have forked out and bought a router...(on hindsight)

7up
Community Veteran
Fixes: 17

Why is this in general chat instead of feedback?

And signing up just for the sake of a free router on credit is daft. Plusnet routers are very basic and not terribly reliable.

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

So on the 28  of September my phone is connected but no Broadband after another 40 minute wait holding on the line waiting for somebody to answer the phone I'm told I have to wait a further 6 days to be connected to broadband?

Broadband orders take a minimum of 4 working days, if we were the phone provider too we could possibly have done this as a simultaneous order, however as we had to wait for the line to be active before placing an order this is the earliest it can be done for.

BT tell me Plusnet can put me on line straight away but the totally inept Plusnet has other ideas.

BT are wrong and giving you incorrect information. The *minimum* lead time on an ADSL order is 4 working days, fibre is generally around 2-3 weeks.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
gleneagles
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 17

@brokengreen

? professional company that puts customers first ?

which company(s) do you have in mind ?

We are born into history and history is born into us.
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Let me think ??  the one that puts Profit first , cuts support to the bone ,removes the best way to contact them ,

could say more Smiley

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
JayG
Pro
Fixes: 6

UK based call centres/customer service provision is more expensive than offshore-based, which is why PlusNet, with more or less the same low cost, loss leader offers, no loyalty benefits business model as the other budget ISP's has struggled to maintain the level of CS which I believe really did make it stand out as one of the better mass market ISP's a few years ago.

In a nutshell, we don't pay enough to sustain the level of after sales service that some of us remember and all of us would like to see continue, although I'm not saying that PlusNet are doing all they could do to maintain standards even with the current business model.

They can't rely forever on their historical reputation for good customer service when clearly many people believe it is now slipping back towards the rest of the pack, one or two of which are notoriously bad in that respect (and the reason I left to join PlusNet.)

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

The local call center is a main reason why people join PN to get away from someone you cant understand .

when i first came here 6 years ago there was hardly any complaints , But now Undecided

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
davidj66
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Unfortunately post 8 is correct - for example I haven't paid ANYTHING for u/l broadband for the past 2+ years...and won't be paying anything until Jan. 2018!! Also, by use of a legacy calls product with ALR AND the services of 18185 ,I have only paid a couple of ££s for calls over the same period...so the only way PN get money from me,is via the line rental.

Therefore, I know that I'm not going to get the levels of service of a few years ago when I was paying £17.99 per month for a limited b/band service!!