cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Plusnet robbing me?

lassitude

Is Plusnet robbing me?

I have been with Plusnet for many years now and I am consdiering moving to another provider. Here's why:
Plusnet costs me £19.50 per month. For that I get up to 8GB and a max usage of 30GB per month.
Talk Talk charge £6.49 per month. For that I would get up to 8GB and a maximum usage of 40GB per month.
I've heard in the past Talk Talk have had issues, but lets face it Plusnet is not particularly clever when it comes to customer service. I don't think I have ever phoned customer services without a lengthy wait and that message annoucning: 'We are experiencing high call frequency blah blah blah'.
So can somebody give me any reason why I sould not quit Plusnet and sign up to Talk Talk?
thanks
Chris
6 REPLIES 6
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Is Plusnet robbing me?

Checking the website - these are some facts
18 month minimum contract
Connection fee £29.99
No off peak free period so any of your present usage outside 4.00pm to midnight will be in addition
http://www.thinkbroadband.com/isp/compare.html?isp_77=1&isp_22=1&commit=Compare
pierre_pierre
Grafter

also look at these comparisons and comments http://www.kitz.co.uk/isp/caps.htm
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

You also have to sign-up for a long telephone contract with them.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

mal0z
Grafter

Quote from: lassitude
I have been with Plusnet for many years now .............

In addition to what others have said.,
Have you kept up to date with PN offerings - either via the website or the marketing emails sent out occasionally ?.
Have you looked at the current products and compared them with your requirements .
I've still heard many people say they don't like T-T
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Quote from: lassitude
I have been with Plusnet for many years now and I am consdiering moving to another provider. Here's why:
Plusnet costs me £19.50 per month. For that I get up to 8GB and a max usage of 30GB per month.

you must have a direct micro wave link to get that sort of speed  think you mean 8mb
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Depending on where you are, you may not be eligible for the headline TalkTalk deal.  You need to be served by an unbundled telephone exchange where TalkTalk operates (I'm not).