cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet Restored

artmo
Aspiring Champion

Internet Restored

I returned home on Tuesday to find I had no internet. Phoned PN who asked me to get BT to do a line check which I did. No problem with my line. I then spoke to 3 people at PN over the next 24 hours 2 of whom were extremely knowledgeable and helpful. A relay fault at my exchange was diagnosed as the problem so PN arranged for BT Openreach to call the following day.
BT Openreach were knocking at my door just gone 8am the following morning as promised. Engineer came in and ran various tests, went to the exchange and returned to do further tests and restored my internet.
PN and BT Openreach both performed well. Thank you to everyone concerned.
My only problem was having to wait up to 20 minutes sometimes before I could be put through to anyone at PN. This is really not acceptable. Can't anything be done to cut down the wait on the phone?
3 REPLIES 3
joclark
Grafter

Re: Internet Restored

Good morning, I am so very glad that your broadband is back up and running and the staff members you spoke to were helpful.
In regards to the wait times, we are in the process of hiring more staff in both Technical Support and Customer Services, however the staff need to be trained this take approximately 10 weeks to complete. As you told us the staff you spoke to were knowledgeable and helpful, this takes time, we want to make sure that the agents are as prepared as possible before taking calls. Its a problem in the short team the call queues, but a resolution for the future  Smiley
Thank you for your positive comments on the agents you spoke to.
artmo
Aspiring Champion

Wasn't the Leeds Centre supposed to solve the waiting time problem? Is Leeds now up and fully functional?
joclark
Grafter

Hi thanks for the reply. Yes the Leeds call centre was to help with call queues, however in Leeds we still have a floor to remodel and hire staff. We are currently training more staff in Sheffield. Unfortunately, we can not as mentioned before just expect them to know the process, this would not be fair to you as a customer or them as agents.