Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet Freezes

VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Re: Internet Freezes

That's weird.
If you register and login you get an entirely different speedtest. Which is slow.
If you don't login it runs the speedtest at http://www.top10-broadband.co.uk/speedtest/ Grin

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

ffupi
Grafter

Here I have a similar problem - ticket raised yesterday. (It is a wonder that I could connect yesterday and that currently this forum comes up, will hurry to get this post written).
ADSL modem: both lights green for DSL and Internet.
Email download normal.
Erratic internet connections, times out for almost all pages. Ping does not get an answer from these pages, it resolves e.g. ping plus.net to 1.0.0.0. Ping also then does not get an answer from the PlusNet IP.
Ftp does not connect to my ccgi webspace, but to my www webspace.
PuTTY does not connect to ccgi.
PlusNet sent an email today, requesting to go to http://faults.plus.net, but how (!?) as it neither resolves the address nor answers to the ping. So I phoned up, and as usual, the helpful team will get this fixed. I was told that it must be a faulty router - anyone knows more about that?
Update:
There was a problem with the setup of my LAN, it used sometimes TCP/IP version 6. Obviously this was not understood at PlusNet, so my fault.
Diamond
Grafter

Quote from: Diamond
............ Its a nice thought but somehow I think  2.5 is a bit optimistic

I take it back.........My gasp is flabbered, 2.7 this morning...can it last?
So as I have been under supplied and reporting faults for a length of time, do I qualify for a partial refund Wink
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Is it not up to 20Mbps?  Cheesy

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

Diamond
Grafter

Well up to 8mb, thats the usual reply, but there's nothing wrong with gestures of goodwill to keep customers happy is there? (or was that the olden days)   Wink 
Diamond
Grafter

What...no reply to my last post?
I did get an email saying PN had overcharged me on my phone bill by three squid. That won't be happening again, I'll soon be switching back to The Phone Co-op, my bills were cheaper there.
Anyway, it seems my freezing issue has been resolved, even if PN blames BT and Openreach points to PN's equipment. Guess we'll never really know the answer to that one.
I do have one question, I upped my useage allowance to 4gb last month as the freezing caused a lot of restarted downloads, Is any unused allowance carried over to this month, if so I can reduce my bill by dropping back to 2gb.
James
Grafter

Hiya - The excess usage isn't carried over from one month to the next.
Diamond
Grafter

Ok thanks,  I shall have to change useage again on the 27th.
I think I should get what I paid for though, it's a bit dishonest in my book.
With my vodafone top up dongle, as long as I connect once in a while, I keep what allowance I bought.
Diamond
Grafter

Thought it was too good to be true, last couple of days my speed has been less than 500kbps-1.5 again.
Are you having problems again PN?