cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insulted

stephanies

Insulted

We have been with Plusnet for 12 years.
Our broadband signal disapeared Monday- After jumping through lots of hoops for Plusnet plugging and unpluging various cables/routers/filters it was agreed it was a BT line fault and an engineer would come Saturday-
In the meantime as we work from home we had to log onto a BT wi-fi hotspot at home  at £5 a day (even though Plusnet is owned by BT)
Plusnet have kindly offered us compensation of £1.91 for:
*No broadband for 6 days.
*Unplugging various cables /routers etc in and out at various points in the house
*£25 cost of BT Wi-Fi to enable us to continue to work from home and feed our children (even though we pay P/net to provide b/band)
*Wait in all day 8-1pm for a BT openreach engineer.( a 6 hr window in 2013???!!!)
*Unable to send any e mail for 2 days due to Squirrel mail being down (even though "service status" shows "No faults" they reluctantly admitted there was an issue)
Brilliant- BT mindset at its worst....how to retain loyal customers.....why in Gods name didn;t someone have the ability to offer token compensation  for what they have put us through after 12 years loyalty- Even £10 would have been a gesture.....
My loyalty has just expired.......This is how Plusnet aka BT will look after you......

3 REPLIES 3
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Insulted

If the broadband is so critical why are you not on Enhanced Care which aims to fix within 24 hours?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

jelv's comment seems appropriate
Quote from: stephanies
I work from home- I need broadband for my livlihood- plusnet DO NOT CARE

Perhaps you should reconsider the package that you are on and have a backup plan as suggested in the other thread.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

I'm sorry to hear about the issue with your connection and I'm sorry to hear you feel that way.
One fault after 12 years of an otherwise uninterrupted service is unlucky but faults can and will happen unfortunately and we'll always do our best to work with you to eliminate them as quickly as possible if they happen.
I can see we've credited you for the down time that the fault incurred and also some other costs for wifi so it looks like we've covered your costs.
(even though "service status" shows "No faults" they reluctantly admitted there was an issue)

Service status is used to announce planned maintenance or wirespread outages and rather than faults relating to an individual line or a number of lines if a localised problem happens.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team