cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insulted!

rneilg
Grafter

Insulted!

Hi, I had an email saying that £119 was being taken out of my account, as it happens this is a system error.
Because the money transfer is pending they cannot stop it and it will take upto 14 days to refund.
A few phone calls and a load of hassle,,,,,,,,,gues what,,,,,,they offer me £5 compensation for keeping £119 of my money for 2 weeks!!!!!!
Well annoyed.
Thinking of leaving plus net now - line speeds and now this!
7 REPLIES 7
James
Grafter

Re: Insulted!

Hi,
Please accept my sincere apologies for the problems you've had.
To keep it short, your usage period wasn't reset for 12 months, resulting in it all being charged at once, hence the charge.
As you've mentioned, we're refunding this amount as quickly as possible.  I'll drop you a quick PM.
maranello
Pro
Fixes: 2

In my experience it has often been the case that the payment cannot be stopped because the email arrives too late. Surely a simple matter of putting a delay in the process to allow a window of opportunity to query payments in case of clear billing errors such as this.
Either that or stop billing errors occuring in the first place!
My other car isn't a Ferrari
artmo
Aspiring Champion

Or simply do a manual refund.  That can be done in minutes and certainly not 4 days.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Still waiting mine E-mail 24th money taken 28,
Lurker
Grafter

That's what the Direct Debit Guarantee is for.
You would probably find your bank is faster acting than the PN accounts dept - if enough people reclaimed the payment, they might get in touch to take the correct amount!
pierre_pierre
Grafter

It has been said on here before that doing that could result in your BB & Phone getting cut off by the PN wonky accounts computer, But Nice james reacted to the above already Smiley Smiley
itsme
Grafter

If there a Credit Card registered on the account why don't PN refund the money to the bank account and get the refunded amount authorised on the credit card. Therefore the user get their money back asap and if the original DD with the incorrect amount is not honoured then PN can proceed with the credit card debit.