cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insufficient staffing for customer support

barrytfoster
Dabbler

Insufficient staffing for customer support

There seems to be a very low number of staff responding to phone calls and forum questions. Far far lower than the numbers of customers would warrant for a company claiming to be amongst the better service providers.
Isn't it about time plusnet actually cared about customers - in particular 45 minute waits on the phone is unacceptable. Why aren't customers allowed to email? Why is there no order tracking facility for new customers? Why do (one way) messages issued from plusnet make no sense? Sometimes I get send a few messages within a few minutes of each other which contradict themselves.
Is there anyone in charge over there or is it some automated system which has been setup to send nonsense to customers because at least that means you don't actually have to talk to them?
Maybe it would be a good idea to employ more people to talk to customers and resolve problems, rather than creating new ones every time you issues a nonsensical message?
6 REPLIES 6
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Re: Insufficient staffing for customer support

Hi barrytfoster,
Thanks for your honest comments.
You make some good points. We are addressing some of these so I'll try to reply to a few of them below:
Quote from: barrytfoster
There seems to be a very low number of staff responding to phone calls

We are still recruiting for both our bases at the moment with a strong leaning towards tech support and provisioning. I am hoping that this will bring down queues in future.
Why aren't customers allowed to email?

We use the ticketing system over emails so that everything is kept internal and can be monitored. I do appreciate that emails would be a lot more simple for an end user.
Why do (one way) messages issued from plusnet make no sense? Sometimes I get send a few messages within a few minutes of each other which contradict themselves.

I think that you have been sent automated messages that are triggered by notifications from our supplier's ordering systems. Along with this, we are also sending you updates from our side.
As I said, these are still good points and I'm not trying to make excuses. So thanks for the feedback.
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
slavo71
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

I know that it's frustrating to be waiting and waiting for  tech support or any customer support, but I think that Plusnet have just been inundated with new customers that weren't expected! I for one would rather wait and speak to someone who knows what they are talking about rather than getting put through straight away to someone that doesn't know one end of a fibre connection from the other lol. I'm sure that given time Plusnet will get & train the staff which will benefit us all!
barrytfoster
Dabbler

They might do. Meanwhile, I am still waiting for an installation  Are you suggesting I should patiently wait until plusnet have recruited a load of new staff, then had them trained?
I realise that they are having problems and that they may be attempting to improve, but as a customer that is of very little consolation. I signed up to receive a service. After nearly a month of waiting I have had absolutely zero from plusnet. Shouldn't plusnet be proving the service that they advertise so widely? If they are struggling, perhaps they should inform new sign-ups BEFORE accepting the order, that there will be a delay of X months and they will be bombarded with nonsense. But no, instead they take the order, take the money then leave the customer guessing.
Instead of blaming "our supplier" (presumably BT/OpenReach) they should be working with them to give customers honest information about installs etc.
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

They might do. Meanwhile, I am still waiting for an installation  Are you suggesting I should patiently wait until plusnet have recruited a load of new staff, then had them trained?

I was just responding to the points that you made. In terms of the installation, Linn has updated you here:
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,132589.0.html
newagetraveller
Pro
Fixes: 2

"We are still recruiting "
I don't doubt this IS correct. I 'phoned customer options last week to agree an ongoing contract and the call was answered within a couple of minutes at what could possibly be a peak time. Fair enough, it wasn't tech. support or customer services.
When I asked the agent to make sure it was all done correctly he indicated that he was just out of training and had to get it right, he was being monitored! Smiley
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

It's mainly Tech, CS and Provisioning at the moment where we are putting a lot of input.
Glad to hear that this was resolved quickly for you though Smiley
Matty