cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing McAfee Software - Terms and consitions

Steve2020

Installing McAfee Software - Terms and consitions

Hi, I'm looking at installing the McAfee Anti-virus software but I am a bit confused by the terms and conditions.
There is a statement 'This Intel Security License Agreement (“Agreement”) covers your rights to use the Software, restrictions on that use, our right to automatically renew and charge you for paid versions or features of the Software, and your agreement to arbitrate any dispute that may arise between us.' I thought my contract was with Plusnet as this is shown as having zero monthly cost and not McAfee. By agreeing to the initial terms and conditions I am agreeing to an agreement with MCAfee which later on says they can then charge me if they wish.
Can someone clarify this?
4 REPLIES 4
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Re: Installing McAfee Software - Terms and consitions

Hi Steve,
Remember it's Plusnet Protect that you are signing up for, and it's just powered by McAfee (albeit pretty blatantly). As a result, you'd have to stick the terms you'd find near the bottom of the page here.
A similar analogy would be John Lewis Broadband customers. Although the service is powered by Plusnet, it's the John Lewis Broadband T's and C's you'd be bound to.
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Whatever, why does it say "Intel" rather than "PlusNET" or at least "McAfee"?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Because McAfee was been bought by Intel about 4 years ago and is being rebranded
http://www.techworld.com/news/security/intel-announces-death-of-mcafee-brand-will-it-be-that-simple-...
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Cheers OJ,
That would be whilst I was in the pub and missed most of the "news".
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.