cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation delayed since the 28th. Frustrating!

deadpool118

Installation delayed since the 28th. Frustrating!

I checked up on Plusnet's service, and everything seemed perfectly fine with having in installed in my new flat.  Once I ordered my 20mb package, I awaited til the 28th, which was when I was informed an engineer will visit. 
I stayed in for the exact time I was informed, 1-6pm, and even invited some friends round to experience the nice new package with Xbox Live.  However, I rang up around 5 when there wasn't any sign of an engineer - because I was starting to worry.  Plusnet's customer service told me to wait a further half hour, and then ring them up if there was a no show.  Unfortunately, no engineer turned up.  It was now too late to send somebody out, and I was told that I had to hear back from Plusnet on the Monday, due to there being an error on their end.
Once I rang on the Monday, I received the information that the phone line was activated, and both that and the broadband were active.  I didn't have a router, but due to the person in the call center I was encouraged to order a router - which would take up to five working days to arrive.  Which was confusing, considering the fact I expected an engineer to arrive with a router, without me having to stay in for five hours. 
Anyway, I gritted my teeth and waited, but to my surprise, it arrived just this morning.  I set it up, only to find my DSL line ISN'T activated on their end.  Even though I'm all set up and my home phone works, I can't access broadband.  Now, Plusnet's customer service is perfectly fine -  but I was told that I have to wait at least another week for it to be reactivated.  Whilst I can get money back for this week (even when it's free for 3 months...), it seems a bit pointless. 
It's just a major, major inconvenience and not a nice introduction to Plusnet.  Is there any way of getting the net faster, or getting any other available refund for the hassle caused already? Me and the missus have uni work to complete, and I personally have my games to play!
If anybody from Plusnet can get this recognised so the procedure can be faster, that'd be great, or if any users can give helpful information I'd appreciate it!
7 REPLIES 7
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Installation delayed since the 28th. Frustrating!

Hi deadpool118,
Apologies for the bad first impression here. Things could have gone a lot more smoothly for you from what I can see has happened here.
With regards to your phone service I'll need to dig deeper by making some calls with our suppliers but on first impression it seems that the install went ahead with our an appointment (as they sometimes do) I'll make sure that we review how this was handled from our side and feedback will be given to anyone concerned if we could have done anything better.
With regards to the broadband order, this really should have gone through with your phone line activation via a process called simultaneous ordering. I'll look into if the failure with that was on our side (I fear it may be). I will look at if we can expedite this order as at the moment it is set to complete in around 6 days from now.
As a good will gesture because of all this I'm going to add an additional free month of broadband for you too. So we are extremely sorry for the inconvenience and hope you will bear with me whilst I do what I can to improve on the current order lead times and get you back on the net so you can get your studies and your gaming done.
Regards,
Adam.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
deadpool118

Many thanks, received the phone call earlier today! Looking forward to accessing Plusnet's broadband service soon.
Also, I appreciate the extra free month that I'll be receiving as it definitely eases the situation I've had to handle.
Cheers again, and Plusnet's customer service is the best I've came across in a long time!
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi deadpool118,
No problem, I'm glad we could turn things around a little here.
I've just checked your account and can see that it is now active and ready to go so let us know how things go if you can Smiley
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
deadpool118

Quote from: _Adam_Walker_
Hi deadpool118,
No problem, I'm glad we could turn things around a little here.
I've just checked your account and can see that it is now active and ready to go so let us know how things go if you can Smiley

I received a text informing me it was active, and an email too - but unsurprisingly enough, still no broadband! The DSL line still hasn't been activated.
I rang up a member of Plusnet's staff, and they informed me that it will be activated on Wednesday the 8th.  It's getting a bit ridiculous now, this long wait.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi deadpool118,
I'm sorry who ever you spoke to said that, plain and simple it's wrong. Please accept our apologies as it is noted on your account about the order completing today.
I'm not sure why your broadband isn't working at present but bear with me and I'll look into this over the next hour or so before coming back to you.
Adam.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
deadpool118

Hey Adam, thanks for the help today.  Currently connected - it did disconnect me once or twice after a few minutes of usage - but everything seems to be working perfectly now.  I'll let you know if there's any more issues of course, aha.
Cheers again man, and I'll be sure to game for most of the night!
dick:quote
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hey,
No problem, glad you got that sorted in the end. Smiley
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team