cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlimited/Unmetered broadband?

YDdraigGoch

Unlimited/Unmetered broadband?

PlusNet used to offer an unlimited package that I was on, but switched from to go onto PlusNet Pro. When I came to realise I couldn't restrict myself to 20GB per month, I went to switch back to the unlimited only to find it wasn't there. PlusNet should offer a package that caters for a hardcore internet user.
I'm on the extra package now and have still had to up my extra monthly spend to £25.00. Having to spend £45+ for 85GB of usage a month seems ridiculous. Are there any plans for a package with more usage? or at the very least to lower the cost of extra usage? I've been a customer of PlusNet for a long while, but will have to look elsewhere if there are no other options here.
5 REPLIES 5
TicnTac
Grafter

Re: Unlimited/Unmetered broadband?

Saw something similar to what you have said, but if memory serves correctly, which it doesn't do  Roll_eyes I think the PN response was "customer trends are monitored and choices are added when certain trends meet marketing requirements etc." I guess if they can make money on an option then the option will be there! There are only two options available, which I personally think it a poor choice, as there is a large gap between the two options. Also, increasing the top up fee to £5 is really not very nice, and could make it very expensive for some folk, yet some may never need anywhere near the other package on offer 60Gb I think it is?  Undecided
It's not the first time this has come to light, but I think that part of Plusnet don't like to listen, act, or take things on board, possible large BT infestation there  Roll_eyes
scootie
Grafter

how long was you on pro for?
normally if you ask one of the forum pn staff before changing package from a legacy one they will normally allow you to try the new package for one month and revert back to the legacy one if it does not suit your needs.
think if you ask very nicely they may still do this for you
Dom
Grafter

What about someone who's on a current package? If we asked nicely, would we be able to switch to one of the old legacy packages?
scootie
Grafter

@DOM
short and sweet, no
They will only offer the one month trail if switching from one of the legacy products. Am not sure if any of the phone csc guys would offer this trail as I've only seen it be done through the forum
Dom
Grafter

Yeah I figured as much. Oh well, it was worth asking.