cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inovation

klemm
Dabbler

Inovation

I've been a plus.net broadband customer for 10 years., i'm a techie so have always had a Pro or equivalent package, I don't mind paying more for something extra.
Plus.net used to be quite an innovative and forward thinking company, but this seams to have been lost.  I remember a receiving a newsletter saying BT Vision might come in the future, this was 5 years ago.
I'm looking for a new provider but I really don't want to move to sly, BT or TalkTalk but their TV bundles are difficult to ignore.
What can I expect from plus.net in the future with regards to TV?
Many Thanks,
Daniel
Btw, I don't see increased speed as innovation your just keeping up with the rest of the pack, plus there are no plans upgrade beyond 24mb(max) in my village (the largest in Wales).
3 REPLIES 3
pint
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: Inovation

Some bloke in a check shirt with a white yorkshire terrier?
On a serious note, if i remeber right there was a survey/poll of some sort asking about plusnet TV but it was worded in such a way as to make it un atractive.
what iI would welcome woud be:
a partnership with Fon with plusnet incorporating Fon into their routers, or even easier re-selling the fonera simpl
Providing the youview box, or simalar box with access to the main traditional broadcasters IPTV/TV catchup services ( i player/itv player/4od/demand 5 )
A paternship with Yorkshire Tea, where routers could be incorporated into teasmades so that plusnet customers can email themselves a nice cuppa, or use a phone app to activate the brew. maybe it could be called plusnet mash?
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there,
We don't have any immediate plans but it's not something we've ruled out.
Providing the youview box, or simalar box with access to the main traditional broadcasters IPTV/TV catchup services ( i player/itv player/4od/demand 5 )

That's the sort of thing we would be considering if we move into that territory.
Adam
PS I do like the sound of an IP-enabled Teasmaid, I love to be able to remotely order a brew on my way home from the office! Smiley
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
picbits
Rising Star

Personally I wouldn't like to see anything offered by Plusnet for TV stuff.
With Netflix / Lovefilm etc you have access to just about anything you want film wise (without having to go near bSkyb !)
Freeview and Freesat cover the majority of stuff I watch. It's easy enough to bung a USB tuner on a cheap server (<£100 N40L) and whack Linux on to give you a full PVR and Raspberry Pi / Acer Revo's serve the rest of my property for playback devices.
A far nicer system than being limited to what is provided by your ISP.
I did look at Youview / BT Vision etc but decided that I wouldn't really get the use out of them for the extra I'd need to pay.