Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Information

gleneagles
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 17

Information

Is there anywhere on the PN site or other source where the following information can be obtained.

1. The type of records held by PN on your surfing habits. ie ip addresses accessed, date, time, etc

2. Peroid of time such records are held.

3. Your legal right to request access to all data held and the time frame in which it has to be provided ?

We are born into history and history is born into us.
8 REPLIES 8
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Information

with respect to the first two there is a legal minimum specified but what and how long they are actually held isn't available

for the last one I am not sure if the information held under the first question is covered by the usual "personal data stored" rules

I will be interested if there are are more specific answers

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

https://www.plus.net/help/legal/privacy-policy/ PN privacy policy

You have the right to know what personal information we hold about you but we can charge a fee for providing this information. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please write to us at the following address:

Subject Access Request, Plusnet, The Balance, 2 Pinfold Street, Sheffield, S1 2GU

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Link fixed.

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
gleneagles
Aspiring Legend

That link does not work for me, all I get is the following message......

Sorry we could not find the page you were looking for.

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

@gleneagles

The link (as fixed by Mav) works for me.

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
gleneagles
Aspiring Legend

@Mav,

Thanks for fixing the link which works fine.

I guess it's just tough luck on me but I have concerns about my data being stored in non EU countries with no idea of what countries are used despite assurances of good methods of security used.

There is also the issue of my details being passed on to third parties, which third parties ? and why are they being passed on ? and in what way is this of benefit to me.

By third parties I am excluding any legal requests for personal information which PN must comply with.

Am I the only one concerned about this or am I just over reacting to this matter.

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

I would be more concerned about PN giving my details to anyone !! 

And even more if it was outside the UK

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
DanDanDan
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

From my understanding, 

Plusnet securely hold all browsing data relating to each IP address belonging to their estate. Therefore a record of all sites visited and full browsing history is stored for a period of time for each customer - however this data is not directly accessible by general staff, and not directly linked to your account. 

A system exists that allows sanctioned parties (i.e. the police) to request and access details regarding customer accounts- subject to the correct legal requirements being met. They can do things like request browsing data for specific addresses, customers, or do thinks like monitor email traffic. 

You have the right to submit a 'subject access request' to any company (along with a £10 administrative fee), in order to receive a copy of all data held. This might not necessarily contain your browsing data as technically this is linked to the IP address and not your individual name or account. 

If you are curious enough to submit a Subject Access Request then I would specifically ask that they note the current and past IP addresses linked with your account, and then use those addresses to pull the browsing data. I would be very curious to know if Plusnet would be allowed/willing/capable of releasing this data, as it is not a request I have come across before. 

so in summary:

1) Plusnet hold all browsing surfing/browsing/access data

2) I'm not sure how long for

3) As standard, the subject access request wouldn't contain browsing data, it would just show the IP address assigned to your account at any particular time. 

I hope this helps. 

gleneagles
Aspiring Legend

Thanks for the replies, I may well follow this up with such a request.