cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect info in automatic 14-days-after-joining speed update email!

wgallafent

Incorrect info in automatic 14-days-after-joining speed update email!

Having recently joined, the other day I received an email stating the following:
“Estimated line speed: 2Mbps
“Current line speed: 23.4Mbps“
I don't think so … the estimate was 51Mb/s, and it still says that at https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed … it isn't very helpful to send out this email if it doesn't contain the right information!
As for the huge discrepancy between estimated and achieved speed … well, that one's definitely BT's fault, not Plusnet's, so no more about that here Smiley
3 REPLIES 3
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

Re: Incorrect info in automatic 14-days-after-joining speed update email!

Hi welcome to forum Smiley

If my memory is correct , i think that estimated line speed is a bug in the system, you should be getting more near the estimate, so something is a miss, i know in the past people would choose the upto 76mb and the system would put them on the upto 38mb product, then PN would need to place an order to put them on to the upto 76mb ,this may have happened with you.
Hopefully someone from PN, should be a long and be able to take a look at this for you.
Regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Cubey
Dabbler

Hello.
I recently joined PN and I too received an email like that.
Estimated line speed: 3Mbps
Current line speed: 53.6Mbps
I was initially estimated at 40Mbps. Not 3. If it were 3 then I would of stayed with my previous ISP and their crappy 4Mbps.  Grin
Happily surfing at 50Mbps Smiley
Thanks PlusNet Smiley
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi all,
Yes, it's a known issue but that should only be affecting the actual email and not the speeds you're receiving. Do let me know if you think it is though!
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team