cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inconsistent & Incompetent Customer Services - ARE YOU WATCHING JAMIE FORD!

serkie
Dabbler

Inconsistent & Incompetent Customer Services - ARE YOU WATCHING JAMIE FORD!

Note for PlusNet: Please view Ticket: 82188402 for background to this complaint.
Our Internet went offline on Tuesday 22nd April 2014 around 18.00 hours due to a mistake made by Plusnet.
I am very disappointed at the level of competency and efficiency to rectify an issue caused by Plusnet. We have now been without internet access for 10 days which as a home worker is a major issue and inconvenience.
It is wholly unacceptable for Plusnets customer service team to provide me with inconsistent and incorrect advice, being told on multiple occasions someone will call me back and for the call to never arrive and lack of regular updates on the support ticket via the portal. In summary this issue has been dealt with incompetently, inconsistently and unprofessionally where a pragmatic and efficient response was desperately needed.
As a result of the lack of internet I have had to resort to using a 3G modem in order to continue working at considerable expense to myself. Plusnets offer of a measly 2 months free internet is insulting and grossly disproportionate to the stress, inconvenience and costs suffered due to a mistake Plusnet has made.
I shall now be looking to leave Plusnet at the earliest opportunity as this episode has highlighted significant concerns with the level of service I can expect should any future issues occur.
A very disappointed soon to be ex customer.
17 REPLIES 17
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Inconsistent & Incompetent Customer Services - ARE YOU WATCHING JAMIE FORD!

Hi serkie,
I'm very sorry to hear of your experience.
I've had a look into this and can see that this is for a house move and the installation of your Fibre broadband has been delayed.
I'm sorry you've not been kept up to date with the progress of this as promised and that you have been told that you'd be called when you haven't been. I can see that this is being personally dealt with by a member of our House Moves team. I will forward the information you've provided on here to them and ensure that they call you by the end of the day today.
I completely understand that the way this has been dealt with has resulted in you wanting to cancel. To discuss this you would need to contact our Customer Options for Home Moves team on 0800 432 0200 (from a landline) or 0345 140 0200 (from a mobile). They are open Monday - Friday 9:00 - 20:00 and Saturdays 9:00 - 17:30. If you have decided that you wish to proceed with the house move then please let me know so that I can advise the advisor who is personally dealing with this.
Anonymous
Not applicable

[quote=Thread title]Re: Inconsistent & Incompetent Customer Services - ARE YOU WATCHING JAMIE FORD!
Jamie Ford ?  -  he left last year !  -  Plusnet Appoints Andy Baker as New CEO
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

Not according to the PN careers websites , Jamie Ford is still the CEO (which we all know is wrong)
https://careers.plus.net/meet-the-team/
I posted about this in January, that it looks bad, that PN have not updated the site with correct information for prospective employees. No one from PN seemed interested as the could not be bothered even to reply, or make a change. Any comments PN ?  Crazy
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,122397.msg1061013.html#msg1061013
Regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

serkie
Dabbler

Thank you for your response Linn.
There have been multiple failings by Plusnet whilst dealing with this issue that as a customer are totally unacceptable.  All of these failings from a company that tries to set its self apart from the competition by heavily promoting excellent customer services. 
In summary:
1.  Why is it acceptable to be told by a Plusnet Customer Services adviser that they have rectified the issue by re-instigating our phone and broadband order only to be told 4 days later that no order has been placed because the adviser did not do it correctly.
2.  Why is it acceptable that different Plusnet Customer Service advisers do not perform their roles and implement corrective actions diligently and efficiently.
3.  Why is it acceptable to be told that a text or phone call update will come shortly for it never to arrive, not just once but on 3 separate occasions over the course of 10 days the last being this morning.
4.  Why is it acceptable for Plusnet to make a gross mistake that effectively cuts off an existing customer and for no alternative measures to be offered to cover the time whilst the service is down.  For example free access to BT WIFI-X or BT-WIFI-FON?
5.  Why is it acceptable that this issue was not fast tracked from the moment it was reported as it was a mistake by Plusnet.
6.  Why is it acceptable to be told that this issue will be rectified by a certain date only for that date to pass and the service to remain down.
7.  Why is it acceptable to be told by BT that can reconnect us and offer us an alternative service within 7 days yet its taken Plusnet 10 days already and still no service is being provided.
8.  Why is it acceptable for Plusnet to offer paltry compensations offers which are totally disproportionate to the inconvenience caused.

serkie
Dabbler

Quote from: I
Not according to the PN careers websites , Jamie Ford is still the CEO (which we all now is wrong)
https://careers.plus.net/meet-the-team/
I posted about this in January, that it looks bad, that PN have not updated the site with correct information for prospective employees. No one from PN seemed interested as the could not be bothered even to reply, or make a change. Any comments PN ?  Crazy
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,122397.msg1061013.html#msg1061013
Regards
Mike

Thanks Mike, that link is where I got the name from too.
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks Mike. We did make the relevant team aware of this at the time and it should be part of the next release.
serkie, I completely understand that this situation is frustrating. I can only apologise for the failings so far and advise that I will do my best moving forward to ensure that this is dealt with efficiently and that our House Moves team are doing all they can to get your FTTC service installed. As for the offer you've received I can certainly have a look at this for you and once your FTTC service is installed and the House Move completed then we can discuss a better deal.
Can you please confirm if you wish to carry on with the house move or if you'd like to cancel as you stated previously?
serkie
Dabbler

Linn,
Yes, we are extremely frustrated with Plusnet.  I have never posted a thread like this about a company before yet I felt the need to post this one as we are so disappointed and appalled by Plusnets customer service to date.
We are regrettably still within the agreed contract term with Plusnet, therefore we cannot leave without financial penalty.  With this in mind we will switch both phone and internet provides as soon as the contract term is over.
In the interim we just want:
1.  Our internet service returned ASAP.  Its been 10 days and counting now, with a bank holiday approaching I cannot see the service being restored any time soon.  This has been dragged out longer than needed because the first rectifying actions instigated by Plusnet customer services were not correct, as acknowledged by Plusnet themselves on the support ticket.
2.  A prompt and diligent customer service response.
3.  To be kept informed and to receive regular updates be it via the portal, text or telephone.
4.  To be compensated adequately for the monumental errors, failings and stress caused by Plusnet.
5.  To be treated with a bit more respect and understanding for a situation caused by Plusnet.

LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I agree entirely, serkie.
I have had a word with my colleague in House Moves and she will be chasing our suppliers now to see what can be done with regards to the current situation. She will give you a call later this afternoon once she's got the update from them.
I have dug deeper into this to ascertain all the information regarding what has happened and what we could've done to prevent this extensive delay. I will be feeding this back and the agent(s) manager who will then deal with this internally.
Moving forward I will ensure that you are kept up to date with this as I will keep a personal eye on your account for you to ensure that all measures are taken to avoid further delays. I can see that you have raised Ticket: 85055182 to our complaints team. I can escalate this to myself and deal with the points you've outlined in the ticket if that's okay with you?
As stated previously, I will personally discuss a deal with you once this is all resolved and I hope we can come to an amicable decision.
serkie
Dabbler

Linn,
Thank you for the response and actions taken.  I look forward to receiving a call later this afternoon and hope for a positive update from your colleague
By all means please do bring this thread and my issues to the attention of the relevant people there so that root cause analysis can be carried out and corrective measures put in place to prevent this happening again.  I accept that mistakes happen from time to time but the corrective and collective response from Plusnet on this occasion has been woefully inadequate.
I shall report back here accordingly later.
dick:quote
serkie
Dabbler

Linn,
I have finally received a call back from Plusnet.  Unsurprisingly it's not good news and it would appear that we are no closer to a resolution than at the beginning of the week
I am at a loss to understand why actions that were suppose to happen at the beginning of the week have not happened or were not followed up upon sooner.  The net result for us is that we are again heading into another (long) weekend with an order still not placed / confirmed from your owners/suppliers.  Again I am still none the wiser as to when we'll be reconnected and the prospect of this going past 14 days (2 weeks) is fast becoming a reality. 
When I think that surely Plusnet can't get this wrong again, they do and my opinion of this company is taken to new lows.  This is totally unacceptable and wrong for a company with the hilariously inappropriate slogan of 'We'll do you Proud'.
We have been patient and civil throughout whilst dealing with Plusnet yet I can only be told so many times that something still hasn't happen or an order hasn't been placed successfully because of 'Confusion' between teams and upon their systems.  Can someone please take full accountability for pushing this through to completion immediately.
I would like this escalated now.
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi serkie,
I'm sorry you didn't receive the news I was hoping for.
I've had a word with my colleague and she has advised me that she informed you during your conversation that she had been advised to place a new order to install the Fibre service in your new property as the system has now updated to allow us to place the order. She wasn't able to guarantee that the order is progressing as it has not been confirmed by our suppliers yet.
She will continue to keep an eye on your order this evening as she is working until 9 and I will be checking back on this first thing on Tuesday morning when I'm back in the morning following the bank holiday weekend. As our suppliers are closed over the bank holiday weekend there isn't much support and advice that we'll be able to get during this time.
serkie
Dabbler

Linn,
I think you've missed the point. I was told on Monday that an order would be replaced then yet it's Friday now and the order wasn't placed until earlier today hence my continued frustration.
I didn't want to get to today for this to happen hence why I've been calling every day from Wednesday this week to try and push this through.
Again, no solutions or assurances have being given. I will be escalating this now accordingly.
serkie
Dabbler

I want this matter resolved this week. 
It has now been 14 days since my internet was cut-off because of Plusnet's mistakes.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

I've just been in touch with our suppliers to ensure that there's still movement on this.
We're working as quickly as possible to get this issue resolved for you, we'll keep you updated as soon as we hear back from our suppliers.