cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incapable of producing a correct bill ...

mikez
Grafter

Incapable of producing a correct bill ...

I'm leaving PN as a result of the price rise - ie no cancellation charges. PN seem unable to recognise this concept and are taking unauthorised Direct Debits for charges to the end of my original contract period.
Are they doing this on purpose hoping people won't recognise whats happening ?
8 REPLIES 8
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Incapable of producing a correct bill ...

Assuming that you have left rather than are leaving I would assume that Plusnet weren't advised via BT Openreach that you have migrated
Unfortunately this seems to happen fairly often but judging by the posts on here more frequently when customers are migrated in
When you migrated did you raise a ticket advising that you have left.. I know that shouldn't be necessary but it is often the safest way
pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

When did you give notice of your intention to leave?  Was it less than 30 days after receiving notification of the rise?  Did you explicitly state that your were exercising your right to leave as a result of the notification?
mikez
Grafter

Yes, I did raise a ticket and I was very clear that it was due to the price rise - it was within the 30 days
Thanks
pwatson
Rising Star

The only acceptable (to PN)  methods of cancellation are either telephoning the Customer Options Team (aka Retentions) or writing a letter to them I'm afraid.
By submitting a ticket and not 'officially' cancelling you have just ceased your line with no notice in their eyes, hence the bill for the remainder of the contract. Hopefully someone from PN will pick up this thread tomorrow and discuss the matter with you.
See sections 2.1 and 2.2 here:
http://www.plus.net/support/service/policies/cancellation.shtml#requestCancellation
mikez
Grafter

Called Customer Options to cancel - the ticket was back up !!
jim:quote
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

In which case my first reply is almost certainly the reason
pwatson
Rising Star

Quote from: mikez
Called Customer Options to cancel

Regrettably none of the users on this forum are mind readers   Wink
I'm sure a PN rep will sort it if they've made a mistake....   It's just a shame that so many mistakes are made that need to be sorted  Smiley
Cruise85
Grafter

Hi mikez
Let me first of all offer my apologies for the confusion and inconvenience caused in regards to the cancellation of your account.
I can see that you have raised the matter by a Complaint through the members centre, and as such I will address that complaint for you shortly via a ticket .
Regards
Matt