cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Impressed...

egirl
Dabbler

Impressed...

First of all I want to say I am a bit of a novice to changing broadband providers. Roll_eyes
I have been with the same one since I changed from dial up back in the early part of 2000! I was with a firm called Freedom to Surf who were great but then changed to Tiscalli , then Talk Talk Business. Their service got worse with each take over but still I stayed as I was told by Talk Talk Business that I have a priority line over those through Talk Talk. I was paying way too much and I knew it but I was worried that if I switched it would mess everything up and I would lose my internet connection all together.
After much research I decided to go for it and chose PlusNet due to the good reviews and fantastic price! I am so glad I did. I'm saving loads each month and my connection doesn't keep cutting out.
I had a few questions prior to signing up which were answered on Twitter by 'AW' who was very knowledgeable.
A week after signing up I had my broadband switched with only a minor connection loss while the switch was taking place (apparently this is normal) . I didn't get my router the day before so I brought this to AW's attention via Twitter and the router was sent that day and I got it the day after (Saturday) Again, very impressed!
I was guided with the broadband set u  through my current router and also got guidance on what to do when the new router arrived.
I then got an email and text message to let me know about my phone line switch which was completed without any need for me to contact a member of staff.

I haven't had to speak to anyone yet so can't comment on your call centre experience. I'm happy that everything has been resolved through Twitter and now your forum here. I myself work in customer service call centre (also In Sheffield!) and I'm not overly keen on a 40-60 minute call wait that  I have seen others mention here, but I also know the call centre culture and that sometimes its just not possible to cut these queues down straight away. I hope you are doing something to lower these.
Well anyway, I hope I continue to be impressed like this.
Thanks AW and thanks PlusNet  Smiley
3 REPLIES 3
picbits
Rising Star

Re: Impressed...

Nice to hear some positive feedback - thanks for taking the time to post Smiley
Mayfly
All Star
Fixes: 1

Indeed it's good to hear the other side now and again. Welcome to PN and the forum - there are plenty here who a good depth of knowledge of how things work and will help out where they can as well as the PN guys.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Hi egirl,
Welcome to the Community and welcome Plusnet!
I'm glad everything has moved over smoothly and I hope you continue to be impressed with the service Smiley