cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Impossible to raise ticket on website.

Pyrii
Grafter

Impossible to raise ticket on website.

I've tried multiple times to find a way to e-mail/ticket Plusnet with a generic question that I really shouldn't be waiting 45 minutes on the phone for (The music is half decent though).
The only options I ever get through the "Contact Us" option of the support site is a greyed-out chat option and phone.
I only want a profile reset and to ask about any options for increasing upload speed through changing the frequency split. (I tend to upload more than download for streaming/youtube uploads etc, so something like Annex M for Fibre would be nice.)
10 REPLIES 10
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Impossible to raise ticket on website.

You could try this https://www.plus.net/wizard/index.html?p=new_question
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Pyrii
Grafter

Thanks so much.
Awesome, now why couldn't I find this by myself x_x I understand wanting to gate out the common support questions, but making it hard/impossible for people to e-mail them is just... meh
dick:quote
Pyrii
Grafter

<sarcasm>Oh look, I could ask about my broadband... </sarcasm>

<sarcasm>... nevermind. </sarcasm>
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

I'll get the ticket picked up for you. FYI we don't offer Annex M on residential accounts.
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
Estragon
Rising Star

@Pyrii
There's no such thing as Annex M on FTTC I'm afraid. It's a completely different way of allocating frequencies on the line, and quite complex intermixing of downstream and upstream ones. Here are the frequencies on my line
Discovery Phase (Initial) Band Plan
US: (7,32) (871,1205) (1972,2782)
DS: (33,859) (1216,1961) (2793,3970)
Medley Phase (Final) Band Plan
US: (7,32) (871,1205) (1972,2782)
DS: (33,859) (1216,1961) (2793,3970)

Each pair inside brackets are the start and end of a range.
Annex M on ADSL2+ simply doubled the width of the upstream frequencies and lost them from the downstream. Which is why on longer lines it could cost 2.5Mbps of the downstream but didn't give much extra upstream because of the low power from the user modem/router.
You may ask why a band couldn't be swapped on FTTC. I don't know, but I do know that to get the much higher speeds of VDSL2+ there's an awful lot of power management and frequency choices to minimise crosstalk and the like wrecking ADSLx circuits in close proximity. The same sort of reason as that which prevents EO lines getting FTTC until an external cabinet is put in place, as the problem is far harder to solve inside the exchange. (Plus of course, many FTTC cabinets are fed the broadband from a different exchange from the PSTN).
If I'm not mistaken the frequency ranges are internationally determined anyway. It isn't really under BT Group's control.
Pyrii
Grafter

Yeah I did my reading after that post and found that different standards dictate the speeds. I still want a profile reset though but my ticket has sat there for 5 days with no response. I expressed my dissapointment as a comment, but I doubt that will make them care.
adie:quote
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

@Pyrii
Unfortunately we can't remotely reset FTTC profiles and in your case it wouldn't make much difference I'm afraid.
Your profile is "0.128M-74M Downstream, Error Protection Off - 0.128M-20M Upstream, Error Protection Off" and your sync speed is 67.5 mbps.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Quote from: Matthew
Unfortunately we can't remotely reset profiles and in your case it wouldn't make much difference I'm afraid.

Believe that only strictly applies to FTTC (Fibre) as in this case but may not apply to ADSL.
Quote from: Matthew
Your profile is "0.128M-74M Downstream, Error Protection Off - 0.128M-20M Upstream, Error Protection Off" and your sync speed is 67.5 mbps.
Basically your profile should not be causing ANY restriction, just your sync speed.
@Matthew, do you have the Upstream sync since you've provided everything else?
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

@w23
Post edited Smiley
The upload sync is 19.7.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Pyrii
Grafter

Thanks for the information, I couldn't find this information anywhere as I'm still using BT's modem for Fibre atm. The main reason for asking was because of all the works we've had int he are and the 2 major telephone faults I've had recently made me worried it would affect my profile. I remember getting over 70Mbps when I first started and after the 10 day settle, so I'm hoping my profile will go up again at some point back to where it was.
I'm worried about restarting my modem to try and shift sync speed though as BT's equipment treats that as a fault and ends up lowering your profile/sync I'm told.
As far as my ticket is concerned, all I got was this:
Dear Miss X,
Thanks for taking the time to contact Plusnet.
We're making some changes to the way we handle our customers questions. So, we’re not able to answer your question in this way but we’d be more than happy to help you quickly and easily though Plusnet Chat.
Just follow the link below to chat to us online and we’ll do all we can to help.
https://www.plus.net/home-broadband/contact/
There is no need to reply to this ticket if the matter is resolved. If you wish to close this ticket you can do so via the following link: Close This Ticket. Alternatively it will automatically close in 14 days.
However, if you feel the matter needs further investigation do not hesitate to get back in touch on 0800 432 0200 from a Land line and 0345 140 0200 via Mobile if we can be of any further assistance.

Which is just unacceptable. Especially after I already spent 30 mins on hold one evening trying to get through because the chat service is never available when I try and use it. How hard would it have been to say what Matt did above? Would waste less time overall to give an answer of "We can't reset profiles on Fibre products" than to continue a merry-go-round.