cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Impossible to get in touch!

Unbelievable

Impossible to get in touch!

I am shocked by how difficult it is to get in touch with Plusnet and am resorting to post on a forum for the first time in my life as I simply cannot get through any other way. 

How can the online chat function be off-line every afternoon I have tried AND when their phone lines are simultaneously not accepting calls?

For a telecommunications provider they seem pretty terrible at communicating. 

I have been trying to get through to Plusnet support to register a move for the last 2 weeks. 

Somebody from Plusnet, please respond! As a paying customer who wishes to continue your service, but who is now seriously considering cancelling, I need your help.  

14 REPLIES 14
jgb
Champion
Fixes: 22

Re: Impossible to get in touch!

@Unbelievable 

Despite links to Live Chat still existing on the Plusnet website, it was withdrawn by Plusnet some time ago (except possibly to access a bot for sales).

The only ways to contact Plusnet are via phone (often not acceptting calls these days), via these forums (where a staffer will hopefully pick your post up), or via social media (Facebook or Twitter). Snail mail is also possibility.

As you say not a wonderful advertisement for a telecoms company!

198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

@Unbelievable wrote:

For a telecommunications provider they seem pretty terrible at communicating. 

I have been trying to get through to Plusnet support to register a move for the last 2 weeks. 

Can't argue with that - pretty poor isn't it?

Nevertheless, welcome to the forum.  🙂

Are you using the dedicated house move number - 0800 587 1952 ?

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
AlanWoo

I joined up 3 weeks ago.  I have two questions for them.  Like you can't use the online chat they advertise that they have.  Each time I phone them I get an automated message saying that they are busy and to try again later, then get cut off.  I have sent them messages both public and private on their Twitter account, but no reply.  I even raised 2x tickets on their internal question area and again, completely ignored.

They advertise on their web site they have award winning support.  Is this in the Darwin awards as it certainly can't be an award for good quality support.   I know with COVID-19 a lot of companies are having difficulties, but come on, I have spoken to a lot of different companies since March and they are all dealing with it (all be it slower or with reduced staff), whereas Plusnet seem to of shut down completely.  They are a complete joke right now and if it wasn't for the Static IP that I need, I would have left them straight away and regret that I can't now.  So unhappy and worst of all, they don't care.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I signed up 6 days ago and because plusnet changed my installation date without notice, I tried to call them. It's impossible to get through! I always get the same automated message from someone saying it's too busy and I need to call later. 

I twitted, raised a ticket, posted here yesterday too. Nothing!

Now I want to cancel everything before the 14 days period but of course, I need to call...

AlanWoo

@Anonymous , exactly the same here.  I called and placed an order over the phone to port over my home phone and fibre internet.  The day before the install date I had no router from them so kept trying to phone them every 30 minutes or so and finally after several hours I got through to somebody.  They said that while my order had been submitted (hence I received emails from them saying I was going live and I received emails and TXTs from my current provider saying I was leaving them) that for some reason it didn't go through properly so I was not being ported at all.  They had to re-book me in again and I had to wait another 10 working days for it to go live.  Then on the port date, my internet went off from the current supplier, so I switched the Plusnet router over but no internet.  By the end of the day I phoned Plusnet and they made some changes and hey presto the internet suddenly worked while I was still on the phone with them.  So yet again, it was down to me the customer to constantly chasing them.

I have never dealt with such a useless company who seems to not give a dam about their customers and is doing everything they can to actually not talk to us.

WillF
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

@Unbelievable Sorry to hear you've not been able to get through to us. The number given by @198kHz is the contact number for our house moves team directly.

@Anonymous Thanks for getting in touch, sorry to hear you want to leave Plusnet. Unfortunately we’re not able to cancel your contract here, please call 0800 013 2632 and my colleague will be able to help.

@AlanWoo I'm sorry to hear of the experience you've had with us so far. I appreciate the feedback regarding the ways of contacting us, I'll pass your comments over.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Will
 Plusnet Help Team
AlanWoo

Thank you @WillF for your comment.  My question though is how is Plusnet sorting out you support? You need to take off your web site that you have award wining support as right now it is anything but that.

1. When are you switching your Online Chat back on that your website tells us to use? 

2. When you are going to start responding to Facebook and Twitter messages as again your website says that is how we can contact you?

3. When are you going to start answering your phones and not cutting us off when we do phone you?

4. When are you going to reply to cases that people create on your own system that again your web site tells us to do?  I still have two open cases that have been ignored that I logged on the 11th August.

Regards

Alan

jgb
Champion

...and @WillF how about reintroducing a system to raise non-urgent questions via the Member Centre so that these can be dealt with by staff members at less busy times (and especially where the question has to be referred to the back end teams for a meaningful answer) and so that customers do not waste time trying to get an answer on the phone or waiting ad nauseam for a response to posts here (which is a public forum and so not the best place to have to raise account specific issues).

Anonymous
Not applicable

No the whole point was I cannot get through to customer service number for 4 days (always business then cut off the line), and you are just asking me to call them. Can you provide a number where someone would pick up?
Anonymous
Not applicable

@WillF Ive finally managed to speak to someone after a 30 mins wait, they have put me through to 2 new people even though the request was straightforward-I want to cancel. Now theres just nothing, I'm on the call but back to waiting again and its been 50 mins. I want to cancel, how hard could this be?

wakeman
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

@Anonymous 

Do you ring the DIRECT number the PN staffer gave you to the cancellation team. 0800 013 2632 ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@wakeman yes this very number, Im still on the call. Its been 1 hour and half. I spoke to someone and explained I wanted to cancel, he told me to wait 2 sec, after 10 mins someone else picked up and asked for my details and asked me to wait again. Now another 45 mins has passed and I still hear nothing.

wakeman
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

@Anonymous 

I suspect the line has dropped. 

Not sure how late they work in that department.

Anonymous
Not applicable

If that's the case I'd expect them to finish the request they have on hand before it's time to go home, a very simple request - cancellation, I'm not asking them to fix my slow internet or find a lost delivery. Or, tell me they will call back tomorrow, or at least inform me they won't get back to me today and I should call again.