cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlimited Fibre Extra - Can’t sign up

pjemmanuel
Grafter

Unlimited Fibre Extra - Can’t sign up

So I got an email the other day, offering Unlimited Fibre Extra from £28.99 a month.

It’s less than I pay now, I’m happy to take another 18mont contract, wasn’t planning on leaving anyway.

Why do you advertise these offers when he website clearly isn’t ready to process it. If I click the link from the email I get to a page where I can Click to start order, which then takes me to a page that asks me to sign in, before taking me to a page where I can click to start my order. Repeat as required.

Is this going to be fixed before the offer expires?

Phil

7 REPLIES 7
daveplus
Pro
Fixes: 10

Re: Unlimited Fibre Extra - Can’t sign up

Hi @pjemmanuel 

It would be better to phone and choose the "thinking of leaving option" so you can agree all the details.

Dave

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

@pjemmanuel wrote:

If I click the link from the email I get to a page where I can Click to start order, which then takes me to a page that asks me to sign in, before taking me to a page where I can click to start my order. Repeat as required.

Hi Phil,

Are you using a cookie killer?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

How many times did you go round the loop?

I tried this out from a 'stale' portal session I had open, it did exactly as you said, but on the second attempt I could get to the page to view the details ... but I did not press the sign-up button.

There have been a number is historic issues with stale sessions and the integration of the different technologies which apparently deliver the portal with the appearance of being on wholistic system.  It has been found that explicitly logging out (use the logout link on the left of the secondary menu) clears out detritus which can impair some portal functionality.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

pjemmanuel
Grafter

I did think about that. I was using Safari on iOS. I also tried it again on a desktop, with Firefox and Chrome. Still the same result

Good shout though

Phil

pjemmanuel
Grafter

I went round so many times I got dizzy.

Yep, tried logging out. Clearing history. Different browser. Signing in to the Member Centre and trying to upgrade from there, without clicking on the link from the email, all the same.

I did use the live chat, but didn't get me anywhere. The advisor said he didn't have access to the system, but it's a known problem...

Perhaps Dave has the best advice... phone them up and say I want to leave. Did that with Sky once, they said "OK, Bye..."

Phil

pjemmanuel
Grafter

Just tried again, different connection, different computer, different browser (Edge this time).

Exactly the same. When I log in I note it says "You've updated your communications preferences in the last six months", yes I have, I did them yesterday and the day before.

Tried to upgrade again. Exactly the same. Lands back at the same page all the time, https://www.plus.net/campaigns/error/ where it asks me to sign in to the member centre to log in to check my details.

Phil

pjemmanuel
Grafter

Is this ever getting fixed?
Should I listen to all of the reviews I am seeing on here at the moment?

I was ready to sign up for another 18 months, but your website is broken and won’t let me do it, just goes round and round in circles. I haven’t got the time or inclination to hang around on the phone for hours to try to get to a fixed price account. Perhaps it is time to move on. I don’t think Plusnet is looking after the more discerning customers anymore and they certainly aren’t doing us proud

Cannot believe how poor it’s got over the last few years. Maybe time to look elsewhere.