cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If you're the best, god help those who are with the rest

Reenie

If you're the best, god help those who are with the rest

Angry
From looking here I see that I am one of many who have found contacting your customer services endlessly time consuming - long waits in queues, the rarely available and then ultimately useless live chat, and the totally helpless staff one gets to finally if one is lucky. After all, we punters have reams of time to waste. We don't have work, homes, families or anything in the world more important to do than hang on waiting for your WOEFUL APPALLING  customer disservice. Every time I see that advert on the TV saying how award-winning you are I think - what were the rest like? The mind boggles, it truly does. Either you need to employ more staff (there are thousands of suitably qualified young people in this country who are unemployed and couldn't possibly be worse than what you've got at present) or if you feel you are adequately staffed then obviously there are some people there who are spending too long in the bathroom or sleeping at their desks. How else do you explain the queues. I suspect you're cost-saving by understaffing your customer services. Get more people.
One of your staff responded to a customer complaint on here is: "Sorry to hear about your issues" - how old are you? 12? The correct response would be a decent, mature apology, a query about the exact nature of the problem ( "issues!) and precise solutions to those problems with an offer to compensate for the inconvenience caused. See? Precise information?

Let me give you an example, in case you still can't see what you're meant to do:
I asked Sandisk to replace my MP3 player. They responded well within the 48 hours promised in the automated response. They were polite and helpful. When They couldn't give me an exact replacement, they gave me several (upgraded) options. I chose the wrong option for my needs. They phoned me (yes, indeed, twice!) to go through alternatives with me and then emailed me with those options, giving me time to weigh them.

THIS IS WHAT CUSTOMER SERVICE SHOULD BE!!
But you? You're just happy that you're not scraping the bottom of the barrel, happy to flit just marginally above it.

5 REPLIES 5
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Re: If you're the best, god help those who are with the rest

Hi Rennie,
Welcome to the forums, really sorry for the poor experience that you have had.
From investigating your account, I cannot see any contact from our agents, so I suspect that you may have not been able to get through in the end. Feel free to PM me the problem that needs investigation, and I will get it checked out for you.
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

Quote from: MattyC
From investigating your account, I cannot see any contact from our agents, so I suspect that you may have not been able to get through in the end.

Hi Reenie,
A warm welcome to the forums.  Is it possible that you have contacted PlusNet in respect of an account different to the one which this forum identity is associated with?  It would not be the first time that such a factor was the reason why CRT cannot locate an end user contact with support.
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Quote from: Reenie
One of your staff responded to a customer complaint on here is: "Sorry to hear about your issues" - how old are you? 12? The correct response would be a decent, mature apology, a query about the exact nature of the problem ( "issues!) and precise solutions to those problems with an offer to compensate for the inconvenience caused. See? Precise information?
Without wishing to upset you. As an ex moderator any such reply would have been picked up and multiple complaints made. There weren't any so are you sure that the post you are referring to was by a member of staff and also it wasn't in Chit Chat where there are several threads related to the posters age
travster60

I can top your experience Reenie, after 3 months using the rather useless question-raised section of their Help and Support, they closed the question without coming to any conclusion/agreement at all !!!!!
Far from having the best Customer Support, I find Plusnet to have the worst I have encountered anywhere for anything. I am now looking to find another supplier to connect me asap.
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi travster60,
I can see that we had a ticket correspondence on your account that was escalated back to you. This was closed after two weeks due to inactivity. I can see that it was suggested that it may be best to raise the ticket as a complaint.
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet