cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If only I had read here before switching!

baja2215
Dabbler

If only I had read here before switching!

So I'm still yet to actually finish joining (supposedly tomorrow) and I'm already regretting it.

Sales are lovely people; less-so customer support. How did they get these high ratings?

The crux of my issue is that although my fiber should be enabled from tomorrow - my router hadn't even been made ready to dispatch till this morning (when I braved their queues to find out where it was)!

They've given multiple estimates ranging from 1 to 5 days for it to arrive only suggesting that they'll "refund for the lost days of service". I find this totally unacceptable and basically if the router doesn't get here tomorrow then I'll be cancelling with Plusnet before I've even downloaded a single byte with them! I work from home regularly so I need that connection to have only 'minimal down-time' AS PROMISED.

It seems to me they've made more promises than they can keep and they're not even willing to admit to it! Their customer service department can't/won't (or not allowed to) even arrange for a courier to send the router out in time - which if I was daft enough to run their department they would have.

If I had to sum up Plusnet with my recent experience in one word ... GREEDY

2 REPLIES 2
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Re: If only I had read here before switching!

Plusnet USED to be excellet , unfortunately now they just resting on their laurels Undecided

Support has been cut to the bone in a attempt to make more money , with free BB offers

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
baja2215
Dabbler

Re: If only I had read here before switching!

by way of an update to my situation:

08:27 Phone line and broadband stopped.

11:05 Text message stating my appointment has changed ... giving same date (today) and time as previously

12:59 I get a text saying my phone order is complete. I also get an email stating the same plus that my router should be with me in a few days!

I mean seriously how does Plusnet expect me to respond to this. I'm leeching off a kind neighbours very slow wifi connection just so I can get some work done. Can't hold the vpn tunnel open on it so it's severely limited what I can achieve today!

I also had a 45 minute online-chat conversation (on my phone!) where the adviser could not even confirm that my router was now with royal mail! And still my ticket remains unanswered from early yesterday.

What kind of joke company is this! "We'll do you proud"? .... more like "We can't be bothered now"