Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IPTV Support - what support?

gavininwales
Grafter

IPTV Support - what support?

Hi,
IPTV6023 error, contacted support, just because i was using the far superior BT HomeHub 4 you wouldn't support me.  Well that's not good support as far as i am concerned, at least tell me what it means, it doesn't on the website.  Anyway to everyone not using a PlusNet supplied router, switch off your YouView box and it works again!!! C'mon PlusNet get your act together. Tongue
Thanks
Gavin.
5 REPLIES 5
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: IPTV Support - what support?

Sorry that you feel the level of support you received wasn't good enough, unfortunately with TV we can only support our routers as we know they work with our YouView service and there is such a huge variety of other routers out there it's near impossible to support them all.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
gavininwales
Grafter

So you support the Hub One which is a rebranded HomeHub 5a, so what's the difference?
To fix the problem, can i get a Hub One instead of the Technicolor yawn router i was supplied last year which has diabolical wifi = unhappy kids = back to homehub4 = unsupported.
thanks
Gavin
chenks76
All Star
Fixes: 12

Quote from: gavininwales
So you support the Hub One which is a rebranded HomeHub 5a, so what's the difference?

the difference is you're using a homehub 4.... 4 is one less than 5.
i'm sure plusnet will happily sell you a hub one, or give you one for free for committing to another 12 months or so.
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Quote from: gavininwales

it's got a PN tried and supported firmware on it, so there are no compatibility issues.
PN have never supplied a 4..
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
sarczoid
Rising Star

You have to be fair here, you cannot expect them to support every router and device under the sun, they only support their own.
the IPTV service uses multicast, which requires IGMP proxying/snooping, which few routers support.
I use a TP-Link 9980 and that works out of the box, you should get one Smiley