cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IP addresses not UK - Can customers please report any problems here

Steeler57

Re: IP addresses not UK - Can customers please report any problems here

Appreciate the efforts. Laura Ashley's working ok today, but John Lewis now thinks I'm stateside!

Screen Shot 2018-08-31 at 21.10.41.png

ASouthall
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi @Steeler57

Thanks for letting me know. I'm still waiting out responses from the sites that have affected you. Ive reset your line to assign you a new IP address while we get the issue addressed.

Once more thank you for your patience.

If you have any further issues, please get back in touch and we will be happy to help

nigelpbooth

The internet seems to think I'm in Holland, bbc.co.uk doesn't work, changes to BBC.com. PITA.

I'm sure there are many others also.

Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

@nigelpbooth wrote:

The internet seems to think I'm in Holland, bbc.co.uk doesn't work, changes to BBC.com. PITA.

When did you see this?  Are you using a VPN or something like Opera which has a proxy built in?    The Community site has seen your latest post coming from a Dutch IP which isn't being supplied by us.

Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
Tangoed66
Dabbler

I'm having the same problem with Next and a few other sites thinking I am in the USA, I also have a problem where the wifi connection drops and my iMac either no longer sees the network or if it can see it then it cannot join it unless I do a restart and then it will join automatically again! It's very frustrating!

• Your Public IPv4 is: 150.143.xx.xxx (I'm not sure whether it's ok to post in full?!)
  • Your IPv6 is: Not Detected

• ISP: BT Americas Inc

I'm in Cheshire by the way

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @Tangoed66

Thanks for getting in touch. Don't worry about providing the full IP address - I can pull this from your account.

If you could provide a full list of the sites that are being affected and the error messages that you're experiencing, we'll raise this to our network team for you.

Best wishes

Dave

Tangoed66
Dabbler

Thanks, I haven’t noted down the websites it occurs on but there are a few Next.co.uk is the only one that comes to mind but I will take note when it happens again.

As to the disconnection issue, everything will be working fine then a page will suddenly not load, the WiFi symbol on the device will show not connected to WiFi, on some occasions the SSID and others will be listed but on trying to connect I get the unable to join network message, on other occasions there will be no SSIDs found. Despite using network diagnostics I am unable to reconnect unless I restart the iMac.

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Full quote of preceding post removed as per Forum rules.

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @Tangoed66

Thanks for coming back to me - the wifi issue sounds like it could be IP related if it is resolved by restarting your IMac. Alternatively, it could be a wifi interference issue, which could be resolved via the troubleshooting here.

Let's get the examples of the sites which are affected by the IP issue and I'll raise this for you to our network team.

Best wishes

Dave

Tangoed66
Dabbler

Here are some of the websites locating me in the USA 

Next.co.uk

Beautyexpert.com

HQHair.com

Computershare.com

Tusa.com

Linksys.com

Also on doing a Google search the results are not prioritised for UK results, I usually stick UK on the end of my search to sort this.

Thanks Heather

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks for the websites Heather.

Could you try switching your router off for 65 minutes then back on?

This should force your router to pick up a new IP address which should hopefully resolve the issue.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Tangoed66
Dabbler

Thanks @Gandalf I’ll turn off overnight and report back, fingers crossed 🤞
Tangoed66
Dabbler

Thank you @Gandalf

I have now been issued with a new IP address located in the UK, hopefully this will also solve my connection issues.

Thank you for your help

Heather

onecwaddle

Any help would be appreciated.  I am 82 years old, so you will need to talk to me in basic terms.  I am a plusnet customer.  One of my hobbies is online betting.  I use a few different sites, my favourite being William Hill.  However, when I log into William Hill now I get a message that says "We have detected that you are currently located in the UK.  It quotes my IP address as 146.199.198.0.  I have been on their online chat and they say they can tell I am not in the US but their site thinks I am.  They have told me the only way to resolve it is to contact my Internet Service Provider.  

Tags (1)
Tangoed66
Dabbler

Hi onecwaddle

Turning my router off for over 65 minutes worked to change my IP address from a US one to a UK one, give that a try before getting into anything more complicated it may just sort you out Wink 

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hi @onecwaddle, I am sorry for the issues you are having.

This has now been flagged to the relevant team for you. You can try powercycling the router as @Tangoed66 advised, however, there's a good chance you may just get the same IP assigned again.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team