cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IP addresses not UK - Can customers please report any problems here

cooldude50
Rising Star

Re: IP addresses not uk

209.93.118.... range still getting country message via speed/swift and probably archermedia quids corner cashback sites

cooldude50
Rising Star

Not wishing to be repetitive 209.93.118 .... range still getting country block on speed/swift cashback sites

http://speedcashback.com/     http://swiftpound.com/

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

I contacted both of them, they didn't get back to me Sad

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

gleneagles
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 17

This is simply a continuation of my post under Tech subjects

UKTV is showing me to be in some other country than the UK so I am unable to watch this program on android.

BBC iplayer, ITVHub, all4 work fine.

This is not a major problem but is being reported as requested.

using android tab

We are born into history and history is born into us.
cooldude50
Rising Star

209.93.194.,,,, Country issue again now on speed/swift sites

Elias1988

Having the same issue with UKTV. Emailed them and they're adamant that it's an issue on Plusnet's side, even though I can watch iPlayer, ITV, all4, etc. UKTV say my IP shows me in Japan, they used geoiptool.com to show me. Every IP lookup site I've used shows it as UK based, or the odd California blip. They don't think they need to update any database on their end.

Have you had any luck since?

simrjor
Dabbler

geoiptool.com has me in  United States -  El Segundo : IP Address: 209.93.93.xxx

Still lets me watch?
nbrehon

Re: IP addresses not UK - Can customers please report any problems here

I posted a few weeks ago about not being able to redeem stuff on the Xbox store. I reset my router for a new IP address and that worked for a while, but now it's happening again and I can't seem to get out of 209.93.x.x

My account, console, store page, credit card etc. are all recognised as UK, it's just my IP address makes them think I'm trying to make transactions from overseas.

So last night I got on their support line and they told me to call my ISP with some reference number and they'd sort me out with a better IP. I never actually said who my ISP is though. Do they really have a case open with Plusnet or was that just a fob off? And would Plusnet support actually be willing or able to change my IP address if I call?

ghos7
Grafter

hi i think i might have the same problem. my sister cant join certain bingo sites it gives her this error message restricted we are sorry but our games are restricted to certain licensed territories. my starting ip is 209.93.
vandervagos
Hooked

I have similar issue. My ip is .XXXXX and when I try to access some of the contents of online.novasports.gr I get the message that "Content is not available in my Country". I contacted them and they said that my IP is recognised as an US IP and not as a UK IP. There were sometimes that I had a totally different set of IP and the website worked fine. Is anything that you can do?

ghos7
Grafter

log into router and disconnect internet. wait 30 sec then connect. you should pick up different ip. im thinking of getting static ip because this is alot of hassle but if static ip dont work ive wasted money
vandervagos
Hooked

Restarting/reconnecting is a workaround but not a proper solution. Sad

cooldude50
Rising Star

Often even rebooting the router results in same Ip address again, sometimes last number/set of digits change and if very lucky the whole IP address changes.

Can the pool of IP addresses be increased?, before network change didnt have problem highlighted above.

jjj

Ebay locates 209.93.9.xxx in Venezuela, and 209.93.207.xxx in the US.

Please can you persuade ebay to show these as being in the UK?

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

@ghos7 wrote:
hi i think i might have the same problem. my sister cant join certain bingo sites it gives her this error message restricted we are sorry but our games are restricted to certain licensed territories. my starting ip is 209.93.

What sites?

@vandervagos wrote:

I have similar issue. My ip is .XXXXX and when I try to access some of the contents of online.novasports.gr I get the message that "Content is not available in my Country". I contacted them and they said that my IP is recognised as an US IP and not as a UK IP. There were sometimes that I had a totally different set of IP and the website worked fine. Is anything that you can do?

I've contacted them.

@cooldude50 wrote:

209.93.194.,,,, Country issue again now on speed/swift sites

Feel free to try contacting them. They've ignored my attempts Undecided

@Elias1988 wrote:

Having the same issue with UKTV. Emailed them and they're adamant that it's an issue on Plusnet's side...

I've pinged them a message so let's see what they say...

@jjj wrote:

Ebay locates 209.93.9.xxx in Venezuela, and 209.93.207.xxx in the US.

Please can you persuade ebay to show these as being in the UK?

Where does it show this and does it cause any problems? I've dropped them a tweet anyway.

@nbrehon wrote:

I posted a few weeks ago about not being able to redeem stuff on the Xbox store. I reset my router for a new IP address and that worked for a while, but now it's happening again and I can't seem to get out of 209.93.x.x

Dropped XBox a tweet too, will hopefully get somewhere.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵