cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IP addresses not UK - Can customers please report any problems here

simrjor
Dabbler

Re: IP addresses not UK - Can customers please report any problems here

Think the airline just an issue with the way i have the journey but other issue still stand

@simrjor wrote:

Have noticed a lot of airlines are now giving me quotes in dollars Sad

Also had email from worldremit saying 'We have noticed that you have initiated the above transaction outside your country'

Also Skype ads are US specific

Starting to get annoying Angry

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

@bobpullen wrote:

I've contacted Thomson Local too.

This one should be sorted now. @bill888, are you able to confirm?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

bill888
Champion
Fixes: 38

Thomson Local is working for last few days, but sadly, my IP address also changed from 209.93.178.x. to 51.6.50.x last week when I had to temporarily turn off my router for different reasons.  Therefore I can't verify Thomson Local is working from 209.93.178.x address at the moment.

ex-Plusnet (ADSL, FTTC) 2008-2023. now BT (FTTP) 2023-
StuartUK35
Grafter

Whats going on guys ?

The US IP drama was enough to kill off my Gaming sessions in the past, but now its like a new annoyance has arisen Huh

Am back on the 146.199.x.x range, which means Geo thinks I am in El Segundo again (wish I was), but now I am getting lag when gaming, let alone euro players lagging from me (MW3 on PC -- WIRED)......
Even web browsing is taking an age, on wired machines in the house or wifi (Cisco router).....
Some sites list that I am on the BT network with a geo location of the UK.... 
Certain websites which are blocked, I can see the recent court orders and the ISP's assigned to them, BT being one, but not PlusNet, yet my browser thinks I am passing through BT's systems ?Huh

Either way, i want off this 146.198/199.x.x  range ,  is that possible if i raise a ticket ?

Mav
Fixes: 514

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav)

Threads merged

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

StuartUK35
Grafter

I forgot to add, my connection keeps dropping out constantly, that's I didn't post this message in this thread, as I know it will go UN READ.....

Great, just great.

theianhamilton

Re: IP addresses not uk

Just got Plusnet Fibre - for some reason on Amazon Fire TV lets me see Amazon Video and Netflix, but my laptop refuses point blank, saying I'm using a proxy?

You are currently connected to gateway ptn-bng01.

This is located in Telehouse North.

IP: 84227

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@StuartUK35 wrote:

Certain websites which are blocked, I can see the recent court orders and the ISP's assigned to them, BT being one, but not PlusNet, yet my browser thinks I am passing through BT's systems ?Huh

That's normal. If your connection gets routed over BT's transit/peering links then you will probably see the block page. If the routing paths change and use different transit/peering links, then you probably won't. The IP you're assigned is unlikely to have much to do with it. Neither will it be causing your connection drops.

Either way, i want off this 146.198/199.x.x  range ,  is that possible if i raise a ticket?

You can purchase a static IP, although it looks like you're now off that range anyway.

@theianhamilton wrote:
Just got Plusnet Fibre - for some reason on Amazon Fire TV lets me see Amazon Video and Netflix, but my laptop refuses point blank, saying I'm using a proxy?

Try disconnecting/reconnecting which should re-assign you a new IP. You're on a well-established range now, but it's possible it's being flagged as a proxy due to a previous owner using it as a proxy exit node or similar.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

theianhamilton

@bobpullen I'll give that a try. It seems that this laptop is the only one which rejects Amazon Video and Netflix. Every other device I've tried on the same connection works. I've even done a DNS flush on this laptop to no result...

theianhamilton

@bobpullen just done a refresh; same IP but a different gateway: 

You are currently connected to gateway pcl-ag03.

This is located in City Lifeline House.

The chat agent I spoke to earlier said I'm on a static IP, but that doesn't explain why one machine (laptop) doesn't work on Amazon or Netflix, and every mobile device does?

azureskies
Hooked

@bobpullen - Is there any real progress on resolving this "US IP Address" issue. A week ago it was annoying, now it is getting critical. Primarily I'm getting issues using credit cards on websites, but there are also "This video is not available on your location",

My IP Address is the same static address I've always had (212.159.x.x). My router reports that the gateway in use is 195.166.128.196 (lo0-central10.ptw-ag02.plus.net ??)

And there was me saying recently I've never had to complain about Plusnet because nothing ever goes wrong. Spoke too soon! I'm not feeling that 'My Broadband Is Loving Me Back' right now.

Tony...

aka Account 'azureskies'

carvell
Dabbler

188bet.co.uk:

Error 403: Location Forbidden
You are forbidden from accessing our website from your current location. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Sad

I'm sure this was working fine the other day, but not this morning.  Get that error when I go to Sports betting whilst logged in.

bill888
Champion
Fixes: 38

I managed to re-acquire a 209.93.178.x address and can confirm Thomson Local is working fine.  Tnx.

ex-Plusnet (ADSL, FTTC) 2008-2023. now BT (FTTP) 2023-
nbrehon

209.93.138.x

I've been unable to download some things from Xbox Live this week, it says I'm in the wrong region. I spoke to someone at Microsoft and he said my IP address puts me in New York, USA. I haven't had this issue with anything else though.

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@Cheeseford wrote:

I'm having trouble with Bwin.com, 10bet.co.uk and Betbright.com, all of whom think I'm in the US. This is daft.

10bet.co.uk have been back in touch to say that they now believe the issue to be resolved. Are you able to retest and let me know?

@carvell wrote:

188bet.co.uk:

Error 403: Location Forbidden
You are forbidden from accessing our website from your current location. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

I'm sure this was working fine the other day, but not this morning.  Get that error when I go to Sports betting whilst logged in.

Can you provide me with the specific URL/website address?

@nbrehon wrote:

209.93.138.x

I've been unable to download some things from Xbox Live this week, it says I'm in the wrong region. I spoke to someone at Microsoft and he said my IP address puts me in New York, USA. I haven't had this issue with anything else though.

Is it possible to force the correct region whilst logged into the XBox website or via the console interface? I'm sure I've done this previously to purchase content that was only available outside the UK.

xbox-region.JPG

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team