cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I suggest we all contact Watchdog on BBC and see if things change!

noname
Grafter

I suggest we all contact Watchdog on BBC and see if things change!

I've put an order in to switch to Plusnet, and how I wish I'd read this part of the forum before I did that...
I'm keeping a log of my experience with plusnet with a view to sending it to Watchdog on BBC1 if things don't improve. I suggest everyone else does the same, then the management at PN might listen to the unsatisfied customers and sort things out.
I've placed my order 10 working days ago, and nothing is happening, no switch, and no updates or contact whatsoever. Apparently it takes 10 working days to "check" my line.
I placed a ticket to ask what's going on, only to find out the average wait time is 45 hours... seriously? 2 days - really?
Really not impressed so far - maybe I should have listened to BT staff when they warned me what PN were like. I used to be with PN  years ago, and I couldn't fault their service, what happened while I was away?
They need to hire more staff or stop advertising until they sort the orders they already have.  They also need to be more realistic in the times they tell people it will take to switch. 5 working days - yeah right!
10 REPLIES 10
mrchdavid
Dabbler

Re: I suggest we all contact Watchdog on BBC and see if things change!

As i've been informed here, all ISP'S have shitty SLA'S with BT. Hopefully that will change in the coming months where the new directive is to get fixes in 2 days. Currently you have to wait 6 days for your first update if your Lan Line is hard down. crazy.
jim:red avoidance of swear filter removed as per this Forum Rule mod:end
petecov44
Grafter

I would ring them. I had to as my order was just sat in the system but not moving. This was after 3 days. You don't need to wait 10 days at all a line check takes seconds so that's tosh.
I had to wait extra days after as the date I requested was taken because my order was sat at the " pre signup" stage which is black on the portal and on the internal system. I found out by logging into the account I had referred me from and seeing the status.
The other annoying thing for me was the fact the order tracker wasen't an option until the account was activated. So I never even get the screens you did.
noname
Grafter

Thanks for the advice I did ring yesterday, and to PN's credit I did get a flurry of texts and e-mails which means they are finally progressing the order.
BUT I have to wait ANOTHER week before the broadband switches, and then a FURTHER two weeks before my phone switches. so a ten day delay for a "system" not processing the order...  Grrrrr
PN's response:

I'm very sorry for the delay in your orders progressing. This was due to the system not processing the order correctly. have now manually placed the FTTC order for you and provisionally requested the following appointment slots:

Plusnet - you need to get this "system" in order, it's not good business when your internal "system" isn't working properly and annoying customers
dick:quote
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

The huge growth in customer numbers is largely to blame - support hasn't grown fast enough to cope. Have a look at http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,122115.0.html is you hadn't seen it already.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi noname,
I've just looked into this and can see your order was affected by a system problem. That's entirely our fault and I'm really sorry about that.
I can see your broadband is due to be connected in just a few days time on the 20th.
I've just updated ticket 87151958 on your account for your attention. Please check this over at http://contactus.plus.net
Any further questions, please just let me know.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
noname
Grafter

Thanks Adam, I had already been told that, but I'd rather be told twice than not at all!
Problem is I put the order in, in enough time so I wouldn't have to pay another month upfront with my current provider.  I was clearly told by Plusnet to switch it only takes 5-7 working days. Now because of Plusnets dodgy "system" I've had a delay of two weeks!
I now have to pay twice and wait for about month in order to get my current provider to pay it back.
It's just SOOOO annoying.
noname
Grafter

@ Adam
Regarding ticket 87151958 - I really appreciate that, many thanks for your input, and your time.
Many Thanks.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

That's fine. Please reply back here on the 20th if there's any issues.
We're happy to help if needed.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
noname
Grafter

My fibre broadband was down when I checked it when I got up at 6am.  Sad  It was still down when I left for work at 8:30. 
I got a text from Plusnet that my line had been successfully migrated at 14:33.  Smiley  It was fully working when I got home.
(but it could have been down for about 8.5 hours...) Glad I wasn't working from home today!
Speeds look reasonable - so far so good.
Despite the hickup with plusnet's "system" at the beginning of my order they have been very good, and have resolved things to my satisfaction and kept me well informed.
Thanks Adam and Linn for your help, much appreciated.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Cheers, give us a shout if you do encounter any problems.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team