cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm a bit fed up

Diegobound
Hooked

I'm a bit fed up

Bear with me? I've been a real supporter of Plusnet. I've recommended them to lots of people. Always had a terrific service. ( At this time, I should add I have various disabilities. Not an 'X' factor cry for sympathy, a simple acknowledgement of the superb customer advisors/helpers.)

So, I now ask them if I can tie up a new line rental contract with an overlapping broadband deal. Nope. Not the advisors fault, his hands are tied.

My fault, I guess. I rang 2 months before my original expiriation date of both line rental and b/band. I was told it was too early to renew the line rental, but I happily accepted the extended b/band deal. Now I can't tie the 2 together.  I worry about being in debt and tend to pay things well in advance.

So, now, I'm looking at new providers. A shame. Red tape drives me nuts. I go online and read about terrific deals people get with Sky...half price movies, sports, a maid to do your ironing, with a £100 cash back, free 32" telly boxes, and an invitation to the Queen's garden party.  

I really wanted to stay with Plusnet ( maybe I will?) and wish all of their employees every success.

To illustrate my point, after 2 clicks, have a look at what I mean:

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/phones/cheap-broadband#plusnetbb

2 REPLIES 2
ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

Re: I'm a bit fed up

Plusnet don't tend to give discounts on the line rental. But there's always the option to pay the whole year line rental in advance at some sort of discount.

So I suppose this is about new customer deals not being available to existing customers. Arguably the whole system of having to switch suppliers for everything every year is pointless, yet all the industry regulators want to encourage more switching. But I suppose that's what you get when you have endless different companies all basically re-selling the same services.

Diegobound
Hooked

Re: I'm a bit fed up

ejs,

Firstly thank you for taking the time to reply. I really appreciate it.

I probably described my situation poorly. I am more than happy to (hopefully) continue with the advance line rental, despite the rather large increase. My issue is with the amount I'm to be charged for B/B in a few months. As I tried to describe, when I called Plusnet far too early (my condition demands early resolution to potential issues) I could not renew my line rental, but the B/B deal was cancelled and renewed, starting a new date. I just want to match the 2 together, as they were originallly. 

And breathe. Again, thank you.