cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm Impressed!

Gareth6
Grafter

I'm Impressed!

I woke up this morning and noticed my router had died overnight (after 1am).
Phoned your free number, was on hold for less than  minute. Explained the situation and that I tried another socket. The response was "sorry about that, we'll send you out another one 1st class and it should reach you tomorrow, please you send the old one back". The call with Plusnet was under 4 minutes in  total (which included a bit of chitchat), PERFECT!
I'm sure any other ISP would have had me trying all kinds of crazy stuff. What error message do I get, log-in to the router. Change the fuse (there is none). If other utility companies and banks could follow suit, the world would be a better place.
Thanks,
3 REPLIES 3
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

Re: I'm Impressed!

Smiley
What happened to it?  Just stopped powering on?
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
Gareth6
Grafter

Just dropped dead. I noticed my phone couldn't find the wifi hotspot, looked into the corner of the room and saw that the router had no lights on. I checked the eventlog of my desktop and it went at 1:52:57.
It's been stable up until that point too. It's just my luck that it goes today of all days (meant to be rolling out some upgrades to a clients website today).
Gareth6
Grafter

Just upgraded to 80/20 (killed my connection last time). And it is much better, that 2mb upload was painful sometimes.
Double the download allowance and It's also cheaper now, nice one!