cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I gain little pleasure . . .

exporters
Grafter

I gain little pleasure . . .

I gain little pleasure from moaning or reminding PN of my erratic B/band service. 
I do not doubt the majority of customers are very satisfied.  In fact my own daughter/family, whom I recommended to change last year to PN from T.Talk, are delighted;  I checked on Saturday and they enjoy consistent speeds [ 5.7meg] and have not a bad word to say.  At the moment that is the only pleasure I am experiencing as a result of PN.
Andy Puttock BTw and Neil Armstrong PN were  waxing lyrical last year about the ‘stability, total support and strong reputation the BTw/PN marriage offers customers.  The ‘BUT’ seems to me to be the BT arm and BTw.  Many times I have read, ‘the fault has been passed to our supplier OR is still being investigated by our suppliers OR we’ve advised BT etc ’.  Anything like this from my experience, usually means a problem ends up in the middle of two parties, passed back and forth, with limited ownership or urgency in resolving it.  In the meantime other problems keep coming along like an express train; as sure as night follows day, the system is under strain and it’s a down hill slope with more moans from customers. 
PN staff must be juggling many balls, sorting out technical issues, as I read ‘between forum lines’.  Personally I have no problem with PN staff; they are courteous and always helpful.  Their commitment is not in question but the time to solve issues is. 
Something must be seriously wrong with my B/band.  No matter what is tried [3 BT visits up to now] by PN arranging for Openreach and BTw to look at the exchange end [the latter seems like moving a mountain], I am still plagued with disconnections and erratic speeds.  The fact that I am not as bad as some, is of no real consolation. 
At the suggestion of a helpful contributor on this Forum, I swapped my Thomson router with a spare Belkin this w/end.  I suppose it was sheer desperation – well anything was worth a try.  Guess what, just as bad as ever.  Maybe I have two duff routers?
5 REPLIES 5
Mand
Grafter

Re: I gain little pleasure . . .

If anything the problem seems to have got worse since you changed routers?
I've got someone looking at this for you now. Unfortunately intermittent faults are the worst kind to diagnose and fix, but we are doing everything required to push this for you.
twentythree
Grafter

I have to echo your complaints, exporters. Your broadband problem sounds similar to mine, except I have had 7 or 8 BT engineer visits and the problem was first reported on 11/02/10 - so far there has been absolutely no improvement no matter what BT say they will/have done. You can see the whole sorry saga over in the ADSL2+ (21CN) forum - "Trees fouling BT line" thread.
exporters
Grafter

So that I do not waste too much of people's time, I will keep any further comments to this thread and close down the 'One arm tied'.
Mand, again thanks and you will have gathered from my comment on previous thread [One arm...] that we might be moving f'wards.
Twentythree, [I'll have a look at your story] but hope things are improving for you
Mand
Grafter

As discussed, we've sent another router just to rule this out once and for all, let us know when you get it, and we'll see how it goes from there.
exporters
Grafter

Router arrived in less than 24 hrs - good service from PN & Royal Mail.  Thank you.
All other comments on thread 'One arm tied'.