cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'd just like to say...

FatBoab

I'd just like to say...

How pleased I am with PlusNet so far.
Migration from another ISP was smooth, & flawless, and the biggest bonus of all, is the speed.
At 9pm on a weekday, I was get around 300kbps with the previous ISP on a supposed unthrottled package. All questions about this were bounced back as being somehow my fault, or a line fault, but never the ISP.
Having now moved to Plus, and having made absolutely no changes to the setup in any way shape or form, speedtesting at the same time now returns around 6500kbps.
Absolutely unbelievable difference, considering that the previous ISP claims no traffic shaping on the package I had, and Plus (Premium) is shaped.
13 REPLIES 13
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: I'd just like to say...

Hi Boab,
Glad to hear it, welcome to the forums and to Plusnet. Don't hesitate to shout up if there's anything we can do for you, and may I say congrats on an excellent username - Oor Wullie's always been a favourite of mine Cheesy
reserved
Grafter

Shouldn't this be in Testimonials and not Rants & RavesHuh
Lurker
Grafter

Why? They are raving about how good the service is!
I asked just the other week why people perceive that one is for positive, and one negative, when either could be used for either.
Basically they duplicate one another don't they?
reserved
Grafter

I beg to disagree. Shocked
To me Testimonials are positive and Rants are negative but I wouldn't bother putting it to a vote  Undecided
Lurker
Grafter

And what is a rave then?
Is a Rave Review a bad thing?
A Testimonial is an account, and I agree that generally testimony is given in a positive sense, but Rant and Rave implies that it could be a place for both a bad, or a good opinion.
Seperating Bad from Good is a way to distort the view though I suppose - a cynic like me may just look at the complaints and decide the service is fishy.
An optimist might read the lovely experiences and decide that it is a wonderful place to purchase ones internet services from.
I'd rather see both though, together, to allow some balance.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

So, then ... a rant is bad news..... and a rave is good news?
 hmmm ... seems to me that a lot of people rant on here because they are raving mad about what they are ranting about.... sound familiar?
 hence the term  "... to rant and rave"   = ranting and raving....  ( I`m sure someone will go and get the true definition from Wiki !  Cheesy
Yes a rave is a "gig" and most gigs are enjoyable, (at least to those who attend,)   Roll_eyes
To bring James G version into the equation... I suppose you could also have a testimonial to how bad a service is too !  Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed
reserved
Grafter

Lets change the headings to Compliments
and Complaints then  Cheesy
mal0z
Grafter

I would suggest truncating it to Rants...
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Allegedly Rants and Raves could disappear in the Forum rebuild.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
shutter
Community Veteran

Aha!.... plusnet suppressing the natives who want to rant and rave .....  Lips_are_sealed Lips_are_sealed Lips_are_sealed
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

The forum restructure is being planned along with the mods, it's not so we suppress people, quite the opposite actually. The purpose is to make the forums more intuitive to use and easier to find issues and know where to post.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
shutter
Community Veteran

Sorry,  was a tongue in cheek response..... perhaps I should have used  Tongue