cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get a response?

lloydsmart

How to get a response?

Hello.
Does anyone here know how to get a response out of Plusnet to an online question that's been open for ages?
I'm due to have ADSL installed on Monday, but the order has been open for so long that my area got fibre in the meantime! So now I'd like to change to that but I can't get through on the phone in a reasonable amount of time, and my online question has been ignored since it was raised over a week ago.
The question ID is 109843783, in case any Plusnet staffers happen to see this message and do something about it.
3 REPLIES 3
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: How to get a response?

Hi,
A warm welcome to the forums.
Why has it taken so long to get the line provided?  BTOR installation delays?  Changing the order at this juncture would mean cancelling the existing order with BTOR and starting again. That is not to be recommended!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

lloydsmart

Hi Townman,
I really don't know why the order has taken so long so far. It's been over a month! When I phoned PN, they said it was because I'd opted to transfer my line rental from BT, and BT had cancelled the order insisting that I was still their customer!
Anyway, if it would delay the order a lot I'll leave it at standard ADSL for now - it's due to be installed today. Is it possible to upgrade or am I locked in to ADSL for 2 years now? Because I really don't want that!
Thanks for your help - I've got a much faster response here than on the ticket system.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

It is possible to get possible to get an upgrade, the issue for you is will the deal be as good as a 'new' customer taking fibre.  You are now considered to be an existing user.
I recently placed an order for a business service on ADSL knowing that fibre would be available very soon (I neede to get the phone line provide moving) with the proviso that the order would (when available) be swapped to fibre at the 'new' customer rate.  As it happened, due to the complications, the SIM order had to be broken up into phone provide followed by broadband provide, by when fibre was available.  It was therefore easy to change the order before installation.
It is possible to do what you ask, but only PlusNET staff can advise if it is permissible in your curcumstances.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.