cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to alienate a longstanding customer

gjp112n
Dabbler

How to alienate a longstanding customer

Until recently I've been a freenetname/madasafish user and had good service, so I expected the same, if not better, from Plusnet.
Oh dear, Oh dear, Oh dear, what a fool I was.
First they billed me for both madasafish and plusnet accounts for two months
Then when I pointed that out, they closed the madasafish account, trashing my website and domain, despite the fact that when Plusnet initially called me about the transfer, they said that would not happen and they would take care of it
The first time I contacted support, they said it could be sorted in an hour or two.....
I gave them three and called again - 'Ah, nnnnn didn't understand the problem, it will be done on monday morning on the MAAF account'
here we are on monday afternoon....
'it takes 3 - 5 days' on residential accounts'
Having run a service support team for 15 years, if my staff consistently mislead customers about resolution times like that, I'd fire myself for training them so badly.
Anyway, plusnet have my number and the opportunity to resolve the situation, but I'm not holding my breath...
Dick:red Unorthorised modification and use of Plusnet logo removed as per forum rule.
2 REPLIES 2
Springerrob

Re: How to alienate a longstanding customer

I've been a member for many years as force 9 customer,  back in the day you could rely on them to sort things straight away,  I have an issue which has taken three  weeks to get a response,  and rather than set out their case and restore my good will they want to charge me £10 to hear their evidence, customer services no longer exist,  I maybe locked in for 18 months but rest assured you've lost another longstanding customer.
gjp112n
Dabbler

Re: How to alienate a longstanding customer

I'm with you on that one, Bob