Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How not to deal with a support call

gandb1
Grafter
Fixes: 2

How not to deal with a support call

I am really shocked at the treatment I have just received. I phoned the support line to report problems with email - see the Email forum if you want the details.

I reported that my (pretty standard) Windows Live Mail client was failing to retrieve emails, I gave the full error message, I confirmed that it has worked fine for the last 10 years and I mentioned that others were reporting similar errors on the community forum.

They asked if plusnet webmail was working, I confirmed it was (if unusably slow). They suggested I try another email client, so I said yes, ok, then I'll update the call.

When I went in to do that, I found that the call had already been closed. This is all that was logged:

**internal**

CUSTOMER CALED ABOUT EMAIL NOT WORKING ON MICROSOFT CLIENT, ADVISED TO TRY ANOTHER CLIET AS EMAIL WORKS ON FINE ON WEBMAIL.

POP3 ISSUE

They clearly thought that resolved the call! No error codes or anything, and no suspicion that the problem might be with Plusnet not me!

PS.  My email is now working again, no thanks to the support person

1 REPLY 1
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: How not to deal with a support call

Thanks for the feedback @gandb1 I'm sorry for the issues you've had with your emails and the experience you've had. 

Generally speaking if email works fine on webmail that would normally point to an issue with the client, but in this case I appreciate looking back retrospectively we had an issue Here we resolved relatively quickly.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet