cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How much?

Anonymous
Not applicable

How much?

It seems that new customers have until midnight to get unlimited broadband for only £2.99 a month... 
Or is that £3.25 a month?  Undecided
7 REPLIES 7
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: How much?

I must be slow this morning - it took me a while to spot the point you were making  Embarrassed
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

It's showing the correct prices on the site when I load it up - £3.25 per month.
I'm not sure where the data mismatch comes from. Does it still appear if you clear your Cache and Cookies?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Chris - yes, it still appears after clearing cache & cookies.  BUT...  It seems it is correct on some bits of the website (the home page and if I 'select unlimited packages') but if you click on the 'View packages' button on the homepage, it takes you to the page with the incorrect info...  (Does that make sense???)  Undecided
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Chris,
Is there some possibility that there is a difference on this page between being not signed in and signed in?
Watching the page load carefully (IE11), I noted that the £2.99 price appears and is then replace by £3.25.
...remembering another recent thread referencing the use of FLASH on the marketing pages for displaying TEXT, I just loaded the same page on my iPad (Opera which does not support FLASH) and it shows the £2.99 price.  Nothing to do with cache & cookies, which in any case is a dangerous dependency for a product marketing / pricing page.
Someone needs to get your marketing / website boys to stop using (certainly mixing) technology which is not supported on some environments for such critical material.
Cheers,
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I'll raise and chase it with the appropriate people and see what we can find.
Thanks for the heads up.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

The issue is caused by a JavaScript issue, we're expecting a fix to go out ASAP on this.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Chris,
Similarly, the count down timer does not count down when displayed on Opera - again I'd guess a flash support issue?  ...but there again it does display its initial value... makes me wonder if (instead or as well) there is a script issue on the page?  Opera is quite non-standard in places, requiring "-o-" prefixes on some HTML / CSS3 / Jscript properties / attributes in order to function correctly.
Whilst I'm giving you the pointers, the pink star prices also match the text, changing on IE11 during the page load.

...OK so you've got my interest now...
This is not a FLASH issue.  Here is the relevant code from the web page as displayed in IE11 (the one which works)
<div class="message__inner message--flow">
<h1 class="message__heading--alpha">Unlimited broadband<span class="message-trim"> from &pound;2.99</span></h1>
<h2 class="message__heading--beta">with our broadband &amp; phone packages</h2>
</div>

<div class="hero__roundel-container clearfix">
<div class="roundel roundel-starburst">
<div class="roundel-inner">
<span class="roundel-text-x-small">from</span>
<span class="roundel-text-small roundel-text-strikethrough">&pound;9.99</span>
<span class="roundel-text-xx-large">&pound;2.99</span>
<span class="roundel-text">a month*</span>
</div>
</div>
And here is the code which modifies it - not sure where it is to be found though, did this by text searching - guess this code does not work on some browser platforms - I would also suspect similar disfunctionality in Chrome and Firefox.

var mboxCurrent=mboxFactories.get('default').get('plusnetHeader',0);mboxCurrent.setEventTime('include.start');document.write('<div style="visibility: hidden; display: none" id="mboxImported-default-plusnetHeader-0">');document.write('<!-- Offer Id: 39026  -->\r\n\r\n<script>\r\n\r\nmboxFactoryDefault.addOnLoad(function() {\r\n\r\n    $(window).load(function(){\r\n\r\n$(\'.hero:first\').find(\'.message-trim\').html(\'&nbsp;&pound;3.25\');$(\'.hero:first\').find(\'.roundel-text-xx-large\').html(\'&pound;3.25\');\r\n\r\n    });\r\n\r\n});\r\n\r\n<\/script>');document.write('<!-- Offer Id: 6663  --><script>\r\nvar mboxTrack=function(mbox,params){\r\nvar m,u,i,f=mboxFactoryDefault;if(f.getMboxes().length()>0){m=f.getMboxes().getById(0);u=m.getURL().replace(\"mbox=\"+m.getName(),\"mbox=\"+mbox).replace(\"mboxPage=\"+f.getPageId(),\"mboxPage=\"+mboxGenerateId())+\'&\'+params,i=new Image();i.style.display=\'none\';i.src=u;document.body.appendChild(i)}else{f.getSignaler().signal(\'onEvent\',mbox+\'&\'+params)}\r\n}\r\nvar mboxTrackLink=function(mbox,params,url){mboxTrack(mbox,params);setTimeout(\"location=\'\"+url+\"\'\",500)}; function tt_Log(URL){     mboxTrack(\'nw_onClick\',\'Destination=\'+URL); } function tt_Redirect(URL){     mboxTrack(\'nw_onClick\',\'Destination=\'+URL);     setTimeout(\"location=\'\"+URL+\"\'\",500); }\r\n<\/script>');document.write('</div>');mboxCurrent.setEventTime('include.end');mboxFactories.get('default').get('plusnetHeader',0).loaded();mboxFactories.get('default').getCookieManager().setCookie("session","1399374572609-714372",1860);

Whilst I'm helping / being picky, the script also drops the "from" word...

Whilst I am looking at the page's HTML - this from the <head> section does not seen to work either...
   <!-- disable iOS phone number detection -->
   <meta name="format-detection" content="telephone=no" />

OK... so you found it before I did!  Cheesy

Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.