cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long before Plusnet put up their prices to follow big brother

mattdb

Re: How long before Plusnet put up their prices to follow big brother

@HarryB wrote:

@skycatcherx - I've been advised that you would need to call us within 30 days of receiving the email to let us know you're leaving so we can ensure the early termination fees are removed from the account.

Currently on 40/20 and having received the email I called the customer options team on Tuesday and discussed what Plus Net could offer me to retain the higher upload speed. Sadly the offer while competitive required a 2 year contract that I'm not prepared to sign up to. The agent I spoke to said that if I wanted to change provider (i.e. transfer my line to them) rather than cancel then I should give notice by initiating the transfer and that no early termination fees would apply. If I had said there and then that I wanted to leave that would result in a cessation (with associated charge).

I have subsequently asked another provider to take over my service but have just received an email saying that for my phone line (the change to which seems to have come through first) I would face a £64.75 charge which was unexpected given my conversation on Tuesday and suggests that something has gone wrong with my account / the person I spoke to should have done something but didn't. Suggest anyone else leaving double checks the necessary has been done.

I now have to try to get through again to sort this out - I am really not amused by this.

By way of feedback: I have to say that the attitude of the person I spoke to on Tuesday was not very helpful and he actually resorted to claiming I would face charges by leaving - which would only apply if I ceased my phone line. He did not live up to the usual Plusnet level of service.

Matt

lenny
Grafter

If you agreed to a 2 year contract which was competitive and there is another price rise in 12 months you will be able to terminate your contract early again ,

skycatcherx
Dabbler

Exactly what I thought!
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

@mattdb I'm really sorry to hear how that was handled and I will certainly be passing feedback on to that advisors manager.

@mattdb wrote:

The agent I spoke to said that if I wanted to change provider (i.e. transfer my line to them) rather than cancel then I should give notice by initiating the transfer and that no early termination fees would apply. If I had said there and then that I wanted to leave that would result in a cessation (with associated charge).

While correct that the cessation fee would still apply if you were to terminate the service, the advisor should have removed the contract from the account when you explained you would be moving to a new provider due to the price rise.

@mattdb wrote:
I have subsequently asked another provider to take over my service but have just received an email saying that for my phone line (the change to which seems to have come through first) I would face a £64.75 charge which was unexpected given my conversation on Tuesday and suggests that something has gone wrong with my account / the person I spoke to should have done something but didn't.

Unfortunately as the advisor you spoke to didn't remove the contract as they should have, automation notified you of the contract fees showing on the account.

@mattdb wrote:

I now have to try to get through again to sort this out - I am really not amused by this.

As it's quite clear on the account that you called to discuss leaving following the email being sent to you, I've made sure the contract has been removed so you don't need to go through any more hassle with this.

@mattdb wrote:
By way of feedback: I have to say that the attitude of the person I spoke to on Tuesday was not very helpful and he actually resorted to claiming I would face charges by leaving - which would only apply if I ceased my phone line. He did not live up to the usual Plusnet level of service.

Along with the feedback in line with what I've already said above, I'll also make sure to pass this feedback on.

Again I do apologise for the way this has been handled and I wish you all the best with your new provider.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
ArthurDent
Grafter

The always helpful HarryB has kindly confirmed to me that I shall be switched from my newish 40/20 to a nominal 55/10. That UL reduction shouldn't be a prob, so I don't envisage going through the hassle  of switching.

As a matter of interest, though, it will be interesting to see what difference the DL change makes to us all. For example my own average DL this year is reported to be running at 37.58, so no complaints. Will it actually increase? Watch this space!

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Looks like the downstream estimates for your line are 50.6Mbps to 67.4Mbps so I'd expect you to see some sort of increase in download speed.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
mattdb

Thanks Harry, your help is much appreciated. The usually excellent support from Plusnet such as this is one reason I will definitely consider coming back in the future.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Glad to hear that. You're welcome back in future and you know where to find us if/when you do decide to come back Thumbs_Up

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

I would suggest that Plusnet has seen the growth of internet backup services & have carried out an accounting exercise that shows that most people on 40/20 packages do not have lines that could download greatly in excess of 40Mbps.

So an increase to 55/10 is in fact a reduction for most people.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

I have said the same before PN are saying we give you free !!  extra download BUT most will only gain a minimum DL

BUT lose upload speed Sad     

Just a cost cutting exercise Angry

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
billnotben
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

@VileReynard wrote:

most people on 40/20 packages do not have lines that could download greatly in excess of 40Mbps.So an increase to 55/10 is in fact a reduction for most people.

That's true as many have said themselves on the forum that they moved down to 40 not mainly to save money but because their line speed was around that or less anyway.

It keeps getting repeated as moving to 55/10. So many of those currently on 40 are beginning to expect a speed increase. Is the "UP TO" bit being deliberately left out? I can foresee lots of complaints coming "why hasn't my speed increased".

Brandscill
Grafter

Person I spoke to really couldn't care less, very frustrating.
jb66
Hooked

Do I have to wait for the email or can I just call up now?

ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

You need to wait for your email .

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

danielmclean
Grafter

still waiting for the email too