Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long before Plusnet put up their prices to follow big brother

AlaricAdair
Champion
Fixes: 1

Re: How long before Plusnet put up their prices to follow big brother

@ITWorks wrote:

... Massive increase in call set up fee of 18.5% from 16p to 19p ... 

There is of course no justification for the call set up fee. There may have been when a human operator physically intervened to move an interconnect plug lead to connect a call, but now it is automatic the real cost is a tiny fraction of one penny. The infrastructure overhead costs should be billed to the monthly line rental.

Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
ClemFandango
Dabbler

i get the impression the call centre staff at plusnet have had more than a few calls about this - i've called a couple of times and everyone i've spoken to has sounded VERY peed off and has shown little interest in actually engaging with me over and above what they've likely been told to say.

MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

There hasn't been a spike in call queues for our Customer Options team. In fact they're readily available now (subject to change of course). Naturally the subject matter of the calls they're taking will have changed a bit.

ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
xinam
Dabbler

So to clarify - when I receive my price hike email I can call and give 30 days even if only one of my products price is increasing? (Line rental)

I have 5 months remaining on my contract, so this would be an ideal opportunity to terminate and get a better deal elsewhere.

It's a shame SoGEA/naked VDSL is nowhere near commercial rollout. I guess the planets have to be aligned correctly before they'll allow customers to pay for a data line only.
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

From 30 days after receiving the email, you're free to move elsewhere. So yes that's correct.

ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
Mayfly
All Star

I would have thought the topic of prices increases/contractual changes would have qualified for an announcement in 'Latest Plusnet News'.

Does the 'you can renew your LSR upto 3mths before it runs out', apply as it has done other years?

EG: if your LSR runs out in November you can renew before September 1st without paying the extra.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

You can still renew LRS early, however the cost of LRS isn't changing so it's not relevant for the reason you've given that was applicable last year Wink

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

Just come back from 10 days holiday, but no email, when can I expect one, or if I don't get one does that mean my current price and service will continue? !

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

We're sending emails in batches, anyone affected will get *at least* 30 days notice of price increases.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

Thanks for the quick response @Chris 

danielmclean
Grafter

live chat said all emails were sent 27th june and last day to cancel is 27th july 

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Live chat were wrong and I'll feed this back internally. The first batches were to those affected by the 40/20 > 55/10 speed changes. We can't send all the emails at once due to the huge volume of these, they are continuing to go out and will give everyone at least 30 days notice.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Haydon
Dabbler

I'm a bit confused about the 30 day period that customers have to reject these changes. What if someone has unexpired time left from a Line Rental Saver period? Can one give notice that one intends to leave, but defer the date of departure until expiry of the LRS?

Conversely, if one were to leave as soon as possible, would one get recredited pro rata for unexpired time on a Line Rental Saver?

Obviously, LRS appears to be unaffected by these price changes, yet if one has a bundled deal, or wishes to move to a bundled deal, line rental is inextricably bound up with the broadband contract.

I advise someone who is still in contract on a 40/20 phone and broadband bundle. Can this person avoid all early termination charges on both the broadband and phone element if he wishes to leave due to a cut in upload speed on the 55/10 product? Will he get an LRS refund if there is unexpired time?

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

If someone with 40/20 broadband were to leave due to the change in upload speed, they would be able to.

Although technically you could wait until day 29 of the 30 days notice we provide and then request cancellation with the 14 days notice we require for the cancellation, you may not defer the cancellation date excessively.

Unfortunately LRS is non-refundable from 14 days after the day of purchase so the remaining LRS would not be refunded.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
danielmclean
Grafter

so when will adsl lines get the email

and lrs should be refundable under  the right to cancel  due to the price hike