Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long before Plusnet put up their prices to follow big brother

Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 9

Re: How long before Plusnet put up their prices to follow big brother

I'm assuming that no change is being made regarding the monthly charge for Caller Display. £1.50 was it?

My LRS with BT is up early August, so I am doing some calcs. Caller Display comes free with LRS there.

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
alanf
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

@Luzern wrote:

I'm assuming that no change is being made regarding the monthly charge for Caller Display. £1.50 was it?

99p on its own. Two features £3 so 50p for Caller Display if taken with a £2.50 feature.

https://www.plus.net/help/legal/plusnet-price-guide-for-residential-products/

ad47uk
Grafter

They charge for caller display? then again I heard BT charges for this now as well.

Rip off Britain.

MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

We've always charged for caller display IIRC.

ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
idonno
Champion
Fixes: 6

A cheap ADSL package is all well and good  but is only good if it is fast enough already. I get 75mb/s on fibre. ADSL? I'd get 1.4mb/s max. An ADSL package would be a total no go for me. Live and like the fast line. Yes, it might cost me more but it all comes down to value for money at the end of the day, for everyone.

I used to pay BT (they were the sole provider) about £30 a month, 10gb cap and as mentioned a measly 1.4mb/s download. Plusnet I pay £44 for unlimited fibre 80/20. And we certainly use it (I still wonder how we ever managed with just 10gb a month). One thing I could quite happily do without is the landline phone. I haven't used it in years. How about doing away with this silly hangover PN? My mobile gives me 1000 mins talk, 5000 sms and 2gb data. £7.50 a month. Does me fine and is far more convenient than the landline will ever be.

Ever helpful. Grin Sure, I’d love to help you out. Now which way did you come in?
ArthurDent
Grafter

When I renewed recently I was concerned that my 20mbps UL speed was going to be chopped dramatically (to that being offered to new punters) in which case I would have shifted to an equally slow but cheaper competitor. I was pleased to be able to stick with PN. But if I had been cleverer I might have anticipated that it was bound to change somewhat anyway, because my understanding is that PN has to pay BT the full whack in order to continue to offer 20mbps UL for loyal customers. I did, though, contract for LRS.

It will be interesting to see if you 40/20 guys experience any increase in DL.

I do think it's a bit off, however, to offer 80/40 as an alternative without any price concession.

daveplus
Pro
Fixes: 10

re SSE and Daisy, http://www.ispreview.co.uk/review/products/506.html is worth looking at before jumping.

Kremmen
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

I also do a fair bit of uploading so this may affect me as well.

Due to my local pathetic ally phone cable my uploads are actually 4Mbps. As has already been asked will the drop affect my already pathetic speeds.

Let's be careful out there !
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

@Kremmen If you're getting 4Mbps upload, then it shouldn't affect your upload moving to 55/10 as your upload speed is already below the cap that will change the up to 20Mbps speeds to up to 10Mbps.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
ad47uk
Grafter

I do not have a caller display phone connect to the line, I have a cheap old wired thing, I have never used the phone line since I had it reinstated 17 months ago. Before I came to Plusnet I was on a wireless system, so I did not need to have a phone line I had a VoIP system instead and because people knew that number I kept it going.

Saying that, very few people phone me on it, most of it is mobile now and I do not think I have used it fora few months, Even they have free caller ID. 

Not good charging for something that should not be charged for./

grahamt
Rising Star

Can we take it that, if a call plan isn't mentioned in the price change announcement or email (e.g. Anytime International 300) then its price won't change?

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

That's right, Anytime International 300 is staying at £7.50.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
alanf
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

@ad47uk wrote:

...then again I heard BT charges for this now as well.

That's true but, If I recall correctly, BT waive the charge if one agrees to a contract of 12 months+ e.g. with Line Rental Saver..

ClemFandango
Dabbler

I'm wondering if it's worth jumping ship now and then just giving notice whenever the notification or email arrives.

the only thing that's stopping me really is the fact i obviously won't be able to port my number immediately over i suspect.

Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 9

Luzern wrote inGeneral Chat:

....My LRS with BT is up early August, so I am doing some calcs. ....

The calcs done, I found

... I could save ~£20/year, based on the last twelve months usage (inc excess minutes and other ex package items)- 6.2% saved, a little less on the basics.

BT's  phone service here is very good from my experience, so is the saving worth it?

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.