cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How irresponsible can Plus Net get?

mitchell20
Grafter

How irresponsible can Plus Net get?

I'm talking about the 'Will it blend' blog story you have posted a few days ago.
http://community.plus.net/blog/2010/04/30/will-it-blend/
I really thought Plus Net where better than this.  You have well and truly scrapped the bottom of the barry with this one.  Do you not think that if children and younger people see this they are not going to try it themselves with potential fatal outcomes?
This kind of rubbish that's on the net shouldn't be published or promoted by a so-called respectable brand like Plus Net.  This shows that Plus Net are actively promoting the act of destroying things for their own sick and twisted pleasure.  It also completely destroys any idea of respecting possessions and goods.  You start destroying everyday things, where does this then lead to?  Destroying animals, destroying each other?
I suggest you remove this blog ASAP
10 REPLIES 10
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: How irresponsible can Plus Net get?

Hi Mitchell20,
I'm really sorry to hear you feel that way, it certainly wasn't anyone's intention to cause offence with this post.
The will it blend series of viral marketing ads like this has been going on for a while on Youtube and hasn't to my knowledge received any warnings or age classifications, and there are warnings during the video.
I don't think it shows us as actively promoting the destruction of things though, and certainly not anything more than that. The gentleman in the video makes it clear the item being blended is his own posession, and the series of these videos are nothing more than an extended tongue in cheek advert for the blender itself.
I think the humour in the video is clear enough that people will know it's not to be taken seriously, and it's been posted simply because it's a very good example of viral advertising - an advertising concept that's becoming very popular these days, with companies like Sony and Samsung making very similar videos.
As an ISP we wouldn't be able to stay competitive if we didn't take note of the trends that sweep across the internet, and the blogs are intended more as a record of this for information's sake.
torbayguy
Grafter

That video is simply a funny clip, that means no harm to anybody.
Just because you see a man rob a bank on tv doesnt make you want to do it, does it?
And what is so sick and twisted about it?
And do you really think a silly video is going to make kids stuff animals into blenders?

This is a prime example of P.C Britain going to far, again!!
ChemicalBrother
Grafter

Agree completely!
I have been a fan of the will it blend series for quite a while and have used it several times just to wind up my mates who own iPhones and have had the desired laugh.
@Mitchell20.. I think you need to take a deep breath and chillax. If you don't like it, fine, nobody is forcing you to watch it!!
penfold
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

I agree, its a bit of fun.  Sometimes this country needs to have a laugh.......

Chill.....
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Flaming needs one at the present  Sad
torbayguy
Grafter

What do you mean Jim?
Haven't you seen Gordons election campaign?
hahaha
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Nope
artificer
Grafter

inadvertent advertising by the op there.  i rarely read the pn blogs, so that's a nice find, thank you.
badwolf
Grafter

What would be more irresponsible would be any adult who allows their children to play with the blender in the first place, only to then come back and blame someone else for it happening Roll_eyes
MakeTeaNotWar
Grafter

After watching this clip my 2 year old blended my iphone... Curse you PN!!! How could you be so irresponsible...
Oh wait, maybe I should have been watching what my child was doing online and maybe I should have checked what he was doing when I heard the blender go... DO'h!!! silly me...
Grin