cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I go about cancelling?

Angrypetee
Grafter

How do I go about cancelling?

Have been given the run around bigtime....
can have Fibre...can't have Fibre....can...can't.... etc etc..
and have had enough of it...
want to cancel..don't expect to pay anything (especially as PN have charged me £19.99 for my 1st months "unlimted fibre" that I can't have)..
Generally...GRRRRRR.. Angry
18 REPLIES 18
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Re: How do I go about cancelling?

I'm really sorry to hear that you've been having a hard time.
Is there anything that we can do to help?
If you still want to cancel, you would need to speak to our Customer Options Team on 0800 432 0200. They are available Monday -Friday between 09:00-17:30.
You can alternatively write to us.
I would be sorry to see you go and would much prefer to help you out if I can.
Angrypetee
Grafter

Thanks Chris....
All I've ever wanted to do was transfer my fibre from my old address to my new one.....
after speaking yesterday (when I was advised that as of today I could receive fibre) BT's broadband checking site now says nothing about Fibre...
If capacity is the issue then surely something can be done.....
I don't know....just sick of the whole "yes you can, no you can't"
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I was just giving my colleague Sarah a nudge to get in touch but it looks as though you've just spoken to her.
Our suppliers systems are down at the minute but she has just told me that she's going to give you a call back once they are back up Smiley
Angrypetee
Grafter

Lol yeah, just spoken to her....
really confused by the whole issue, as i explained to Sarah...if its a capacity issue surely BT could offer extra if there is a call for it (which in this case there clearly is)?
All of BT's "rollout" maps show that its available in my area....
oh well....lets see what happens when an order can be made....
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

We'll certainly do everything we can to get things sorted out for you. Sarah should be calling you shortly.
Angrypetee
Grafter

ok...i'll hold off going for a smoke then!!
Angrypetee
Grafter

ok, spoken to Sarah (who was very nice and has been very helpful I might point out)... but BT have said no....
so, time to state some facts....My parents, who live on the same estate as I, have fibre optic...a quick check of their phone number on BT's website shows that they're connected to the same cabinet as I am (cabinet 21)....They have BT infinity.... 77Mbps down, 20Mbps up...
Bt Openreach's website shows that my postcode is connected to an exchange that is currently taking orders for Fibre Optic....
Do I need to go to BT direct, or can PN sort this.
What i'm asking is that as this is clearly a capacity issue, does PN have the power to get more capacity at the cabinet?

pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Each cabinet has a finite number of connections so it may just be the cabinet is full?
It will be up to BT Wholesale to arrange for BT Openreach to build out more capacity before any ISP can offer a service (unless you're lucky and a local user cancels and you get in quick!)
Ofcom would be very interested if BT Retail offered you a service as this would suggest preferential treatment...
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

We will continue to pursue this for you, once there is capacity at the cabinet we'll get an order placed for you.
Unfortunately it is at BT Openreach's discretion when this will be.
Angrypetee
Grafter

Assume I'll be refunded my £19.99 from last month and won't be billed anything further?
Angrypetee
Grafter

ok, having calmed down a little...and fixed the hole in the wall that I've created with my fist....
could someone advise me what speed I can expect from normal Broadband....and exactly how much a month it will cost me?
also, will I need an ADSL router....or will the one i've been supplied for my non-existent fibre suffice...
if I need a new router, could PN supply one for free (given the sheer amount of aggro I've had to go thru in the last couple of weeks)..
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi there,
I can see you've spoke to us regarding this, we'll keep you updated on the fibre side of things.
Angrypetee
Grafter

Hi Chris...I know this is probably a pointless exercise, but out of sheer curiosity I thought i'd check http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/ADSLChecker.TelephoneNumberOutput again this morning....

guess what.... BT are saying that as of 19/03...I can have Fibre......
could you check...and by check I mean ask them if they're actually having a laugh...or whether I might....just might be able to get it this time....
(am actually sitting here laughing, as I know its not true.......or is it)
Crazy

WBC FTTC Up to 77.5 Up to 20 -- 19-Mar-13
Angrypetee
Grafter

whadda ya reckon then.... 
I'm inclined to believe its just a wind up...

would be great if it wasn't though?